Author Topic: India Palace, West Timperley, Altrincham  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
India Palace, West Timperley, Altrincham
« on: November 01, 2022, 03:09 PM »
Been open a month now & has good reviews so thought I would give it a go.

Makes a refreshing change to find an upbeat modern decor and actually staffed entirely by Indians - with chefs experience ranging from Delhi, Goa, Dubai & Dishoom restaurant.

Staff very welcoming & accommodating - happy to play with dish / menu contents to your taste.

Initial impressions - good tasty food, not over-expensive & worth another visit to explore menu further.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: India Palace, West Timperley, Altrincham
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 12:16 AM »
Yeah, yeah go rub it in. Some of us don’t live in the UK any more and home made BIR attempts or traditional Indian restaurants are the only option. 😂 OK, not the end of the world, but after 8 years in the US, I miss my old vindaloo more each day.

Robbo

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 12:44 PM »
Try getting some of Mrs Balbir Singhs Vindaloo spice sent over to you - or you can order direct from her site as below.

Absolutely brilliant ready to use spice blend with her recipe - an easy, quick make too. Heat level down to you as to how much / what type of chilli you use with it.  With just 2 green chillis (plus seed) too hot for my missus - so turned it down in next batch with 250 ml tinned tomato & 50 ml of cream - nicely down to tasty Madras level at this.

Her site - https://mrsbalbirsingh.com/ - look up Goan Vindaloo recipe.  All her spices / recipes are great - I've tried most.

You could even become their USA stockist / distributor !

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 02:23 PM »
Hey thanks Ghoulie, sorry for the delay, missed your post while traveling.
I will definitely give her a look up.  My birthday this week, so will be treating me and the missis to a local Indian restaurant night out.

Hmm….USA stockist….now there’s something I hadn’t considered. Maybe when I retire.

Cheers
Robbo

©2024 Curry Recipes