Author Topic: bbq lamb skewers -for tikka or dry rub  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: bbq lamb skewers -for tikka or dry rub
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 11:16 PM »
Oh good lord that looks amazing. Nice work Livo.  Smoking is one of my favorite things with meat. Our new digitally controlled smoker allows fine temp control too, so fish and hopefully cheese will get the treatment now the cooler temps are coming.

Robbo

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 07:15 AM »
You'll appreciate this Robbo.  I couldn't resist the upgrade and bought myself an early Christmas present.  I came upon an advertisement for this.  It's a near new 22" Fornetto Razzo, with loads of additional accessories and nearly Aus $200 worth of lump charcoal, briquettes and smoking wood (Mesquite, Apple, Cherry and Pecan) starter chimney, cover etc.  I simply could not let it pass.  The previous owner is an American who has been out here for 18 years and has just returned home to Alabama. His wife (an Aussie) is tidying up over here before she joins him.

I pretty much paid only the price of the consumables, so everything hardware was essentially free.  I could not believe my luck.  Anyway, I only picked it up today but I've already bought a beef brisket, which I will prepare with a rub tonight, allow it to sit in the fridge for a day, and then light a fire first thing Saturday morning.  I was told that with the large fire basket and properly set, this thing will burn at good temperature for up to 14 hours.  That's a bit different to a tandoor but I can't wait to tuck into a slow cooked Mesquite smoked Brisket.

Online Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 08:25 AM »
Proper jealous livo.  Lovely set up you have there.  All I've got is a rusty old Weber and a bottle of Mesquite liquid smoke, which is not quite the same thing.

Rob :tears:

Online mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 09:24 AM »
You'll appreciate this Robbo.  I couldn't resist the upgrade and bought myself an early Christmas present.  I came upon an advertisement for this.  It's a near new 22" Fornetto Razzo, with loads of additional accessories and nearly Aus $200 worth of lump charcoal, briquettes and smoking wood (Mesquite, Apple, Cherry and Pecan) starter chimney, cover etc.  I simply could not let it pass.  The previous owner is an American who has been out here for 18 years and has just returned home to Alabama. His wife (an Aussie) is tidying up over here before she joins him.

I pretty much paid only the price of the consumables, so everything hardware was essentially free.  I could not believe my luck.  Anyway, I only picked it up today but I've already bought a beef brisket, which I will prepare with a rub tonight, allow it to sit in the fridge for a day, and then light a fire first thing Saturday morning.  I was told that with the large fire basket and properly set, this thing will burn at good temperature for up to 14 hours.  That's a bit different to a tandoor but I can't wait to tuck into a slow cooked Mesquite smoked Brisket.

Wow awesome setup. I would love to have the recipe for the brisket when youve cracked it

Cheers

Mick

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2022, 08:02 PM »
I've been watching quite a few videos on smoking brisket and there's a fairly common procedure followed throughout most of them, albeit with some variations.

Unfortunately, my wife has reminded me we have a function to attend tomorrow night so it will be a Sunday cook instead.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2022, 02:07 PM »
Wow Livo, Christmas did come early!  Looks a very nice piece of kit.  I loved our simple smoker down in the Carolina’s but after we moved north, we got this baby.

Digital temperature control, uses wood chips, no bagged charcoal to mess about with.
Results so far with chillies, pork butt, salmon have been great. Going to leave it outside this winter and try my hand at low temperature cheese smoking.

I’ll ask the missis if she has a documented recipe for her smoked brisket and report back.
Looking forward to your pics Livo…

Robbo

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2022, 05:45 AM »
That would be greatly appreciated Robbo.  I'll post over in the non-curry section.

©2024 Curry Recipes