Author Topic: Chicken Tikka (starter) and Balti Chicken (Madras)  (Read 656 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Chicken Tikka (starter) and Balti Chicken (Madras)
« on: December 08, 2022, 12:10 PM »
Chicken Tikka

Served with Neelam's style side salad.  White cabbage, sliced onion, lettuce, tomato, fresh coriander, and a big pickled green chilli.  Also note the very fine condiments; no expense spared.  Made plenty so tikka is on the menu tonight too.   

Balti Chicken (Madras)

Stingy portion (gravy rationing) although there are actually 5/6 little chunks of chicken in there somewhere.  Will reheat it this evening.  Taste test indicated this is the best curry I have ever made, period.  It's world class!  Mick's basic Balti Chicken recipe with the addition of 1/4 tsp regular chilli powder. Thanks again Mick.

I will serve myself this in a standard shiny dish.  Have been wondering why my attempts at proper balti bowl presentation look a bit iffy, so far.  Reckon it's partly due to the small portions.  Also, I tend to go for an extra dry finish every time.  Fine warming up in a TA container with the lid on.  But when transferred to the bowl and a hot grill/oven, it is dead easy to overdo/cremate.  May have to hammer down less, although I would prefer not.  Another possible solution.  It seems that the diameter of a Shabab's balti bowl is a couple of inches less than the original bowls, and mine.  A smaller bowl would suit me.  May pick one up when I am there next.

Rob       

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka (starter) and Balti Chicken (Madras)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 04:04 PM »
The oil colour looks spot on as well Rob

Regards

Mick

©2024 Curry Recipes