Author Topic: Waitrose (and partners) "Fiery Chicken Curry"  (Read 403 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Waitrose (and partners) "Fiery Chicken Curry"
« on: February 13, 2023, 06:53 PM »
I saw one of these on offer in the Truro branch of Waitrose recently and brought it home to try.  I finally got around to eating it this evening, and I have to say it was not bad at all, especially at the current offer price of £3.75.  Considerably thicker than the average BIR curry (presumably due to the presence of cashew nut paste) but quite good despite that.  I cooked mine in my normal steel curry pan in some butter ghee, and accompanied it by a frozen paratha, and it certainly made for a pleasant meal.  I have about 1/3 left, which I plan to mix with the remains of the chicken Madras which I ate yesterday in a restaurant called "Indian Queen" (which is, of course, situated in Indian Queens !).
--
** Phil.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Waitrose (and partners) "Fiery Chicken Curry"
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 08:21 PM »
Always good to get anything like a decent result from storebought Phil.
I used to occasionally buy the microwaveable curries from Sainsbury’s. The vindaloo was OK in a pinch but really only for emergency break glass times.  I’ve also tried similar supermarket equivalents over here, but same thing. Nothing special. I’ve now put them in the same category as all readymade jar sauces.  Avoid.
Robbo

©2024 Curry Recipes