Author Topic: Chicken Madras  (Read 611 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Chicken Madras
« on: February 15, 2023, 02:47 PM »
Last night's Chicken Madras underway.  Nice, although was short on tomato puree.  Will get some more.  Was a bit short on chicken too by the looks of it.  Should have just about enough batch10 gravy for a Lamb Madras tonight.  Then it will be back on the balti.  Mick's MKI.  Balti Chicken and Balti Methi Chicken planned. Blow torch finish.

Rob  :smile:

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Madras
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 03:30 PM »
That is a nice colour Madras, Rob — for myself, it looks more than adequate tomato content
--
** Phil.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 12:47 AM »
Come on Bob, you can’t post a pic of a madras looking like that without a recipe!
Base and final cook please?  I’m about to use my last portion of Mick’s base and ready to try something new.

Robbo

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 03:34 PM »
That is a nice colour Madras, Rob — for myself, it looks more than adequate tomato content
--
** Phil.

Was thinking about more about the taste Phil.  Balancing the paste tang with the chilli powder/lemon.  Not straightforward for me.

Rob

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 03:44 PM »
Come on Bob, you can’t post a pic of a madras looking like that without a recipe!
Base and final cook please?  I’m about to use my last portion of Mick’s base and ready to try something new.

Robbo

The base was batch10 Robbo.  Chewy's recipe.  Authentic BIR.  I cook it with a hot pan.  To get the old school flock appearance (not shown here) I used to stick a lid on the pan, block the vent off, switch the heat right up, and hope for the best.  Recall madrasandy had the madras sorted.

Rob

©2024 Curry Recipes