Author Topic: When in Manchester  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
When in Manchester
« on: May 09, 2023, 10:18 AM »
Wasn't sure where this article was going at first, but it develops into quite an interesting read.  Nice to see Abdul's getting a mention too.

www.eatmcr.co.uk/culture/rusholmes-revolution-beyond-the-curry-mile/

Rob

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: When in Manchester
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 02:54 PM »
Interesting, thanks, but the author should be ashamed by feeling the need to use so much bad language. So unnecessary and thankfully unusual.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 11:17 AM »
Agree George. Just detracts from an otherwise decent read.

This one also caught my eye:

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/sanam-curry-mile-greater-manchester-25268831

Plan a trip to Manchester this Summer (if we actually get one).  Would like to try what's on offer in Rusholme nowadays.  Back in the day recall Sanam was not my favourite, but they are still there, so likely I'll pop in. 

Found this thread posted in 2014.  Abduls Shami kebab and Sanam Chicken madras, takeaways (scroll down).

www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=13314.msg111163#msg111163

What I said about the madras made me smile.  The sweetness threw me.  It wasn't sugar after all.

They must have had their own version of MDB's MK I base  :smile:

Rob   
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 11:30 AM by Kashmiri Bob »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 09:59 AM »
Agree George. Just detracts from an otherwise decent read.

This one also caught my eye:

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/sanam-curry-mile-greater-manchester-25268831

Plan a trip to Manchester this Summer (if we actually get one).  Would like to try what's on offer in Rusholme nowadays.  Back in the day recall Sanam was not my favourite, but they are still there, so likely I'll pop in. 

Thank you for agreeing. I visited Manchester last year and had a pleasant first look around the City centre. I must go back to wander down the curry mile. A friend of mine went to Manchester University and I remember him mentioning late night curries there.

©2024 Curry Recipes