Author Topic: Balti Madras Sauce  (Read 358 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Balti Madras Sauce
« on: May 16, 2023, 09:48 AM »
Had a little MDB MKI base in the fridge that needed using.  No chicken etc left to put in it, so made a sauce.  The base was from the same hiked-up cassia batch I mentioned recently in Mick's MKI thread.  It is full-on Butterfly monogramed Al-Frash base.  Produces pure balti heaven. The dog's nuts.  Only slight disappointment with this batch was from using Alamgeer Kashmiri chilli powder, which did not colour the oil. 

Out of curiosity (and trying to introduce a little red "aesthetic" finish) the sauce was made fairly standard BIR madras style.  So, chopped onion/green pepper start.  G/G paste, regular chilli powder, lemon juice, salt and tomato puree. In this case 1/4 tsp chilli powder and about 1 tsp puree.

On the go.  Everything added, except a slosh of lemon juice

After being in the fridge for a few hours

I found a bag of Aldi cooked king prawns hiding in the freezer and it crossed my mind to add some to the sauce.  Didn't bother.  Reheated the sauce and had it with just a few chips. This was no ordinary madras sauce.  10/10.  Perfection.  It's the sheer depth of flavour that hits you with Mick's base.  It will never cease to amaze me.  It's outrageous, sublime.  There is really nothing like it.

Now the football season is coming to a close I recall so many standard BIR TA/restaurant/home made madras offerings, ranging from non-league to, occasionally, premier league quality.  With MDB MKI things are more like the higher echelons of the champions league, world class and beyond. 

The Mexican wave of BIR curry spicing.  Out of this world!

Rob     

©2024 Curry Recipes