Author Topic: Chilli Garlic Chicken Balti  (Read 757 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Chilli Garlic Chicken Balti
« on: July 12, 2023, 06:57 PM »
Eventually got around to trying MDB's balti gravy MK1 with the 3 pot method.  Have been using this as a normal base for the last 4 weeks but have not yet tried the plain chicken balti, so can't give an update on whether this original version gives  a better result than the MK2 version.  I'll try over the weekend and post some comments.  Certainly have no complaints with the results so far, although I do like my curries a little bit saucy, so not as condensed looking with a preponderance of oil as in Bengali Bob's balti pics.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Chilli Garlic Chicken Balti
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 01:02 PM »
Looks nice does that CH.  What are those brown bits in the rice, onion?  I miss rice.

livo said a while back that one of my curry efforts was the oiliest he had ever seen on the forum.  I felt quite honoured.

Rob  :smile:

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 04:09 PM »
Looks fantastic, CH, and +1 to the rice. Onion rice? Mmmm :like:

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 04:33 PM »
Thanks guys. The brown bits, more red than brown on my screen and camera, are keema mince.  There are some onions in there though.  Curry without rice?  Almost unthinkable unless your diet dictates such.  Enjoying this vindaloo with MDB's mk1 base a little too regularly.  Sadly, nothing locally can now compete and it's DIY all the way.  I really must try the plain balti before i run out of base  :clown2:

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 10:16 AM »
Yep.  Curry and rice.  Like to keep the carbs low, but plan a small portion of rice for a treat.  One thing I have noticed is that naan breads from all the balti houses are invariably disappointing.  For example, the naan I got from the Shahi recently was identical to Adils all those years ago.  They are kind of flat, semi fluffed, texture is somewhere between a supermarket naan and a crumpet. No butter ghee ever.  Not bad but not great.  Nobody complains as the balti is so good.  So rice it is.  Another balti rule debunked.

Rob

©2024 Curry Recipes