Author Topic: Extraordinarily hot instant noodles  (Read 482 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Extraordinarily hot instant noodles
« on: August 12, 2023, 02:33 PM »
I have tried a number of allegedly "hot" instant noodles over the years, none of which did much for me, but today I finally hit gold — "Yumsu chilli fire extreme flavour instant noodles".  Just stirring the spice mix into the sesame oil caused the heat to enter my nose, and after eating a single portion I found it necessary to drink half a litre of mango lassi — give them a go, if you are into that sort of thing !
--
** Phil.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Extraordinarily hot instant noodles
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 04:14 PM »
Well harumph….seems to be a British product so far. I’ll keep searching. I’ve stopped buying ramen with the spice packets and just buy the noodle packs. There’s an enormous selection of broth / spice packet options around and I usually just throw in a Thai chilli, chopped and / or chilli crisp.  Fast, delicious and simple elevenses for me.

Robbo

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 04:40 PM »
As you say, Robbo, not difficult to emulate that kind of thing-I have a pot of chopped green chilli on permanent residence in the fridge for that reason-especially using chilli oil to cook in. But I'm always tempted by the easy packets whatever my diet advises! Phil, did you have the one in a packet or the Pot Noodle-style tub?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 05:04 PM »
Cellophane-style packet, Onions (actually BOPP — bi-axially oriented polypropylene).  To be honest, I've never been tempted by those that come in a pot ...
--
** Phil.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 09:16 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 10:28 PM »
I've had these on the basis of others saying much the same as Phil in that they are supposedly very spicy. Well, yes, they are a bit tongue-tingly but not particularly chilli hot to my taste buds. But I am a phaal eater of old so no real surprise.

©2024 Curry Recipes