Author Topic: My spice dabba  (Read 1086 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: My spice dabba
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2023, 09:57 AM »
Thanks Phil. I appreciate it, but that is the exact same eBay listing I can see over here except yours is only 20 g. Well at least all of the listings are using the same stock photograph.  The Indians are using the Chinese eBay business model.  The price with currency conversion is about the same.  I can see multiple listings that all come from India but there is nowhere in Australia that appears to stock this item.  The issue here is that even if I pay for it through eBay, it may not make it to me through customs.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/354443430610?

Edit:
I have found one source of 100% pure and natural Asafoetida in Australia, but I'd need to purchase 250 g.  What am I going to do with 1/4 kg of it?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 12:53 AM by livo »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2023, 11:08 AM »
Sell it to Cory Ander !

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2023, 11:58 AM »
Is he over here? I do recall reading that he was, but really, I have no idea. If he is, there is no real fuss about it and he probably likes it that way. It's a very big island. The cost of 250g though, at AUD $45, is not excessive but honestly, I can live without it.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2023, 03:59 PM »
There was an entire section of the spice aisle dedicated to hing at the supermarket this week. Must’ve been 10 shelves of the stuff, from the yellow powdered version, right up to ‘concentrated’.  I’m a bit scared to get it 😂

Robbo

©2024 Curry Recipes