Author Topic: The Maze plate by Gordon Ramsay  (Read 729 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
The Maze plate by Gordon Ramsay
« on: August 30, 2023, 09:21 AM »
I have bought a new plate with fine BIR dining in mind.

First thoughts.  The edging pattern apparently provides "important detail".  I had to think about this.  It could be the food should only be served in the centre of the plate, where there is no pattern.  The maze then focuses one's eyes on the food. Demonstrated here with an ideally sized Humza fluff-up-at-home frozen chapati.

For the topping.  A portion of Farm Foods Cooked & Cut Donner kebab meat, doused with a little Basaar masala and runny honey.  This improves the flavour of this meat; guaranteed.  Incidentally, the serving tongues on show are 18/10 stainless steel (18 % chromium, 10 % nickel).  The highest quality.

Various squirties at the ready

All done. 

So far I do like the plate.  It's fairly large too, which was a blessing, as eating this rather fine kebab with my fingers was a somewhat messy business.

Rob

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: The Maze plate by Gordon Ramsay
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 10:28 AM »
Demonstrated here with an ideally sized Humza fluff-up-at-home frozen chapati.

Forgive me for saying so, Rob, but that "chapati" looks awfully crispy.  Chapati are normally very soft and pliable, in my experience ...
--
** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 10:59 AM »
A portion of Farm Foods Cooked & Cut Donner kebab meat, doused with a little Basaar masala and runny honey.

Honey on doner meat ... OMG! That's worse than livo's pineapple on a burger. You'll be telling me to slather maple syrup on my bacon next. Not bloody likely!

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 02:07 PM »
I once accidentally picked up a pack of maple flavored bacon and cooked without realizing. Absolutely horrible.  Americans….😂

Robbo

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 03:06 PM »
Demonstrated here with an ideally sized Humza fluff-up-at-home frozen chapati.

Forgive me for saying so, Rob, but that "chapati" looks awfully crispy.  Chapati are normally very soft and pliable, in my experience ...
--
** Phil.

Yes, crispy/rock hard.  All so far have needed a few drops of water and a quick blast in the micro to soften them up.  I must check the instructions.  Was sure it said cook from frozen.  Should really be made with a full size naan bread, but I'll have to make do to avoid carb overload.

Rob :)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 08:51 AM »
Got a couple of bags of Iceland's ready-made doner meat.  Crikey Phil it's greasy!  Tastes like dripping.  Not sure I can cope with this much sat fat.  My body is a temple after all.  Taste is OK though.

Rob

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 09:04 PM »
Got a couple of bags of Iceland's ready-made doner meat.  Crikey Phil it's greasy! 

That's exactly why I recommended microwaving it on sheets of kitchen paper.

©2024 Curry Recipes