Author Topic: The joy of cookery  (Read 546 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
The joy of cookery
« on: September 11, 2023, 10:59 AM »
As my lack of contributions has undoubtedly revealed, my motivation for cookery (Indian or otherwise) much diminished after my enforced move to Cornwall, and my last two attempts at something as simple as a steak-and-kidney pie, or steak-and-kidney with dumplings, were not a patch on my previous efforts when I lived in Kent.  However, the permanent closure of my local butcher (George Hawkes) last Saturday motived me to buy up all of the ox kidney that he could get before closing, and since then I have made both a steak-and-kidney pie and steak-and-kidney with parsley dumplings.  The pie was OK, but the crust was a bit thin because I had insufficient S.R. flour, but the last was absolutely superb.  My dumplings floated like little clouds, and the flavour and texture were out of this world; it was followed by equally superb freshly poached (and chilled) Victoria plums.  I now wonder whether I can perhaps recapture my former interest in BIR cuisine ...
--
** Phil.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 11:27 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The joy of cookery
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 01:41 PM »
Bruce Edwards base Phil. That’s the ticket to a re-boot.  You won’t be disappointed.
Dive in.

Robbo

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 02:03 PM »
But I've got 11 packs of commercial pre-made base to get through !

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 11:48 PM »
Best will in the world, that’s not going to inspire anyone.  Cook that base. Make that curry.
This weekend. Be strong. 😂

Robbo

©2024 Curry Recipes