Author Topic: Curry in the bush.  (Read 1477 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Curry in the bush.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2023, 01:40 AM »
Thanks Robbo.  I'm pretty much over it now, although the tickle for a cough persists.  I'd say you're correct Santa. Statistically you're in the "well overdue" group.  I think we (me and Mrs) were very lucky to have managed nearly 4 years Covid free.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2023, 06:13 PM »
I haven't caught Covid, and have had only a single common cold since late 2019. Unlike Secret Santa, however, I am a keen mask wearer.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2023, 12:43 AM »
Compulsory masking has finally vanished here.  Voluntary use is surprisingly still fairly common to see, especially amongst the older generation in public settings.  Health care facilities were the last to drop it and this is only fairly recent.  Once the nationwide target vaccination level was reached, it was disregarded as being a threat, however it was announced just the other day that Covid-19 is now one of the top 5 causes of death along with heart disease and cancer.  It seems the governments just picked a spot where they could say, it's not our problem any more.

https://www.abs.gov.au/media-centre/media-releases/covid-19-first-infectious-disease-top-5-causes-death-1970#:~:text=%E2%80%9CThe%20top%20five%20causes%20of,deaths%2C%E2%80%9D%20Ms%20Moran%20said.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 01:18 AM by livo »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2023, 07:50 AM »
I had my eighth Covid-19 vaccination during the week, and was delighted to find that, for the first time since the pandemic began, I was not required to wear a mask and few if any of the vaccination team were wearing one.
--
** Phil.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 12:03 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2023, 12:03 PM »
You must be nearly eligible for a canular and intravenous drip connection directly to the lab Phil. 8 vaccinations in less than 4 years is an admirable effort.  The best I've heard of over here is 5.  Are you ducking out the back and rejoining the queue?  :smiling eyes:

Out here the initial vaccines were administered by brand / type being targeted to specific age groups based on who knows what best advice and subject to availability.  I'm sure they were making it up daily as it went. Due to my age and gender, I was given Astrazeneca as my first 2 and Pfizer for the booster.  I felt no side effects from any.  My wife and children were all given Pfizer for all 3 and a few of their shots caused minor issues.  Other people certainly faired less well and it was common for some to become quite ill and some even carked it.  We (my family) have all made the conscious decision to have no further vaccination boosters.

©2024 Curry Recipes