Author Topic: Who is Anna Botting?  (Read 603 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Who is Anna Botting?
« on: October 18, 2023, 10:18 AM »
WTF is she on?

Offline bhamcurry

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Anna Botting?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 03:10 PM »
context?

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 08:06 PM »
Her interview yesterday with Mark Negev.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 09:16 PM »
In that case, I do not understand your question (I have just watched the first four minutes of the interview) — could you explain why you query her mental state ?

Incidentally, I do not know (of course) whether your sympathies lie primarily with Israel or primarily with the Palestinians, but just in case you have not yet made up your mind, I can strongly recommend the United Nations summary of the background to the conflict.

--
** Phil.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 10:10 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 11:33 AM »
She was just so aggressive towards him. Hardly an investigative journalistic approach and she wouldn't allow him to speak. He showed incedible restraint until he didn't.  Not to mention that she may have jumped to the wrong conclusion about the incident.  There are lots of calls out there now for her to go.

To be honest, I'd never heard of her.  Perhaps it wasn't her best work.  I don't have allegiance to either side Phil but that was a pretty good example of a crap interview technique. Old mate Piers has had a few tricky ones as well but at least he remains relatively calm.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 10:25 AM »
She was just so aggressive towards him.

Yes, fair comment.  On the other hand, there are so many journalists who are willing to allow an interviewee (especially politicians) to avoid answering the question being asked that I found her confrontational approach somewhat refreshing.  And I also felt that the interviewee handled himself very well, stating what he believed to be the facts without suggesting for one minute that these must be true and were unchallengeable.  Like you, I had never heard of Anna Botting, and wonder how you came to be watching that particular interview (my position is somewhat atypical, in that, by choice, I watch no live television at all — I also put all the pseudo-legal "We are coming for you" letters from the UK television licencing authorities straight in the bin).
--
** Phil.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2023, 06:24 PM »
Even the Americans are saying their own satellite spy in the sky system is backing the Israeli version of events. They don't miss much !!  it's frightening to imagine / know that the level of their satellite coverage worldwide is so precise.

Having lived & worked in the Middle East for 8 years - I know who I believe.

I also do not believe the common mantra put out there that 'Islam is the religion of Peace' has the remotest bearing on fact given that most of the atrocities these days are perpetrated by followers of that faith.

There is no logic as Westerners understand it in that part of the world.

God help us all if this ever present tinderbox is the spark for WW3 - given the axis of Evil (Russia, China, Iran, North Korea)  working against Western interests.  Makes no sense whatsoever.

©2024 Curry Recipes