Author Topic: Anda Lababdar  (Read 581 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Anda Lababdar
« on: October 23, 2023, 11:55 PM »
I've been mucking about with a few different Indian Egg (Anda) recipes, and this one jumped out of YouTube at me the other day.  I decided to give it a go this morning and I must say, that even though it's a bit of work for first thing in the morning, it is delicious.  I watched about a dozen video recipes and then just winged it.  I only cooked 2 eggs so I have half of the sauce in the fridge which will make tomorrow morning a quick easy breakfast.

Served with a Roti Paratha (frozen from Aldi). These are really good.

I did a forum site search for "Lababdar" before posting here, and there is a thread on Chicken Tikka Lababdar which I will now need to explore.  Very tasty gravy so I imagine it will be a pairing that works well.

PS: I would also highly recommend Bombay Eggs.  I didn't get to photograph this dish, but I'll be cooking it again.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Anda Lababdar
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2023, 04:47 PM »
Looks a fantastic way to start the day Livo.  I get frozen naan from Trader Joe’s but never tried the US Aldi for anything Indian.  Will go check.

Robbo

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 09:58 PM »
I rate the frozen Haldiram's Tandoori Naan. Frozen pack of 16 (4x4) for less than AUD $1 each compared to $5 for freshly cooked at the local and way easier than cooking from scratch.  The Roti Paratha I get from Aldi are branded Urban Eats and I really enjoy them.  They are fast and easy to cook on a hot tawa or crepe pan, from frozen, and taste great.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 12:55 AM »
Interesting (to me) note.  I’ve been to a Haldiram’s plant in India. Sold them some nitrogen generators to flush snack food packs with N2.
Definitely going to visit Aldi now.

Robbo

©2024 Curry Recipes