Author Topic: Chicken curry  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Chicken curry
« on: December 19, 2023, 12:59 PM »
Polished most of these off last night.

Chicken curry (Madras).  Made with pre-cooked Qualiko strip.  Very tasty.

Vegetable side dish (Phal sauce).  Seem to have a dose of influenza so this helped.

Just defrosting a lucky dip curry for this evening.  Not sure what it is, but it's garnished with sliced scotch bonnet so reckoning on the warm side.

Rob :)

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken curry
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023, 05:00 PM »
Looking good as usual.  Mine are never in the freezer long enough to forget what they are. Love the idea of a lucky dip. Nice pre-Christmas surprise.

Robbo

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 11:09 AM »
[OT, but relevant] — There are two Indian restaurants in Lostwithiel (Cornwall), and I received poor feedback on one of them when it first opened, so have stuck to the other ever since.  However, my wife had occasion to eat in the one on which I had received poor feedback, and told me I should try it — "the chicken curry is excellent", she said.  And she was right.  Eating Moonlight Tandoori’s chicken curry was not only like going back to the seventies, it was like going back to the seventies and finding that it had improved since I was last there.  A chicken curry to die for — I have now vowed to give up buying the Co-op’s chicken rogan josh (which is a d@mned good supermarket curry) and just stock up with T/A chicken curries from Moonlight Tandoori.  Run by an elderly and exceptionally friendly Indian couple, this restaurant is going right to the top of my list of recommendations.  Give it a try if ever you find yourself in Lostwithiel.
--
** Phil.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 04:10 PM »
Good for you Phil, but don’t think Doordash will fly a vindaloo to Chicago so have to keep trying to cook myself for the time being…

Robbo

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2023, 05:20 PM »
Good for you Phil, but don’t think Doordash will fly a vindaloo to Chicago ...
So long as it's labelled "Guaranteed kosher — made in Israel", there shouldn't be a problem  :smile:

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 01:41 PM »
Good to hear Phil.  I have just looked though their menu.  Nice!  What's next for you?  Another chicken curry, or the chicken bhuna?

Rob  :umy:

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 04:32 PM »
I have to try the bhuna — it is a dish that (like chicken chat) has mutated so badly over the decades that I can barely recognise most instances of it today ...

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2024, 11:59 AM »
I have to try the bhuna — it is a dish that (like chicken chat) has mutated so badly over the decades that I can barely recognise most instances of it today ...

So true. These days the only prerequisite to qualify it as a bhuna is that the sauce is thick. So sad.

By the way, I doubt I'd rave about your new Indian find, precisely because it's Indian and not Bangldeshi which is where my curry jorney began. That said it's probably great, just in a different way.

©2024 Curry Recipes