Author Topic: Chicken tikka, Kashmiri lamb chops, Curry  (Read 80 times)

Online Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Chicken tikka, Kashmiri lamb chops, Curry
« on: March 07, 2024, 01:38 PM »
Chicken tikka

Laziza botti paste.  Always good.  The marinade (48 h) didn't soak into the chicken as well as usual though.  Reckon this will be down to the chicken.  Asda "Essentials" chicken fillets.  £6.99 / kg. Bought just over 1 kg.  Huge fillets, huge.  Big chickens.  Fine pre-cooked in a curry though.

Kashmiri lamb chops

Made them again.  This time with better quality chops.  Marinade for just under 1 kg chops:  2 1/2 tbsp Mumtaz Kashmiri Basaar,  1 tbsp dried mint, 2 tsp turmeric powder  (to alter the colour).  2 tsp fine Himalayan pink salt (or to taste), 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1 tsp GM (Jalpur), about 5 ml lime juice (I use the bottled cloudy stuff), 2 good tbsp fresh g/g paste.  Add some water and give it all a good stir.  Then add 15 ml mustard oil and enough veg oil to gloss.  48 hour marinade.  BBQ.  Probably the best lamb chops I have had, ever.

Remember the supermarkets used to sell Mumtaz ready-made curries; perhaps they still do.  Recall their, I think, Lamb Karahi.  It was pretty average for a ready-made, so not great.  A miserable bit of scrag-end lamb in it too.  I am quite made up with the basaar though, which is good because it is at least twice the cost of other brands I have seen.  It must the the blend of "special Mumtaz herbs & spices" added to their mix.  A fine addition for a curry too.

Curry

Kashmiri chicken curry (madras) and Chicken tandoori masala (madras)

Lush curry, but way off Mick's balti.

Rob   

©2024 Curry Recipes