Author Topic: The Kebab Group Test Results  (Read 18492 times)

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Kebab Group Test Results
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 03:54 PM »
excellent, thanks to all for their hard work.

im gonna be pedantic now, and annoy a few people.

but i would have liked to see presentation as a category as well. i just feel especially if the results are close the way it looks would swing it for me. bir tend to be good on presentation too and after all thats what we are trying to achieve a likeness all round in what we get at the local bir. no point tasting great if you need a blindfold to eat it.

just my 10 cents my 2 cents is free.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 09:51 PM »
Hi Jimmy,

It's a fair point, but as far as I'm aware, none of the recipes gave presentation instructions.  Most seekh kebas come served on a bed of lettuce with onion, cuccumber and tomatoes, with a slice or two of lemon, so in all cases, each dish would be presented the same way by the individual tester.

Ray :)

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 08:40 PM »
Hi All

Here in Turkey which is home to both the kebab and kofte, all households and the majority of restaurants use a ready made premix commercial seasoning for preparing the kofte and kebab meats before cooking off

The only fresh ingredient added is always chopped flat leaf parsley, sometimes precooked chopped onion and optional precooked garlic

The mix is very cheap here & exceptionally tasty

Indeed if enough guys on our Forum wanted it, say maybe 10, I would be prepared to post a package of 10 packs over at cost price to one nominated member for subsequent individual postage within the UK by him/her. Im Paypal ready too

Its not a thing which will turn up in Asian stores I think

Cheers

Paul

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 08:50 PM »
Hi Artistpaul,

Could you put up a photo of the product.  We have some fantastic ethnic stores here in the UK, and we also have quite a big Turkish community here in Manchester so there's a very good chance that we could get hold of it here in the UK.

The only fresh ingredient added is always chopped flat leaf parsley, sometimes precooked chopped onion and optional precooked garlic

These ingredients seem to be very prevelant in Kubidehs (Koobedeh) which are quite similar but also very different to seekh kebabs.

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 11:49 PM »
Heres some pics as requested

The Kofte mix is also often used in Kebabs, even though a separate kebab mix can be bought the difference between the 2 is really nothing

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 12:08 AM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the photo's.

I can honestly say that I've not come across either of them products, well, at least not that I recall.  I'm popping down to my local Asian Supermarket tomorrow, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything similar.

Many thanks,

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 12:14 AM »
You are welcome Ray

Like I said before these might be difficult to find outside Turkey

But like I also said, Ive no probs with trying to get some over to you

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 12:19 AM »
Paul,

Slightly off topic but, you wouldn't happen to have a recipe for Kubideh would you?  I've been trying to replicate my local TA's version for a while, and whilst I've been close, I've come to a standstill.

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 01:36 AM »
Ray

Try this, Ive used it many times and its spot on, but then all takeaways have regional differences

Give it a shot

http://www.thingsasian.com/stories-photos/3125

©2024 Curry Recipes