Author Topic: Mridula Balljekar's Kadhai Restaurant Base Sauce  (Read 10350 times)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Mridula Balljekar's Kadhai Restaurant Base Sauce
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 07:35 PM »
I know what you mean, the many friends i cook for have varied tastes & ask for the Chicken to be cut in either large or small chunks,my preference is small chunks, the size/dimension of a ?2 coin. :)

Offline traveller

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 08:02 AM »
Hmm..the chicken was not leathery yesterday!  I sliced it in thin strips - chinese style - and it was very tender!  This is the first time I actually used a 2 step cooking method in that I made the madras base sauce first and then made chili chicken in coconut.  It turned out great!!  I am not sure if it qualifies as a "curry" but it was really very good!  I will post the recipe today or tomorrow for sure.  I have some chicken I will cook today according to a method recommended by someone here when I mentioned the chicken was very tough.  But cooking the chicken in the base sauce until it almost al dried up was great - so much flavor in the chicken!!

Payal

Offline traveller

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 08:05 AM »
I found the technique by DARTHPHALL - i may give that a try today - I am planning on making chicken pakodas with it and it uses cooked chicken to coat in the besan.

Payal

Offline woodpecker21

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Thats what I always say when I buy them, im always tempted by an offer and ALWAYS regret buying them!  I don't think it matters where you get them from I can never get the same results with frozen chicken breasts.

try getting Tescos' healthy option chicken breasts, very little to cut off & throw away quite good vfm as well @ 1kg for ?4.99. i too like chunks of chicken especially when making chicken tikka.... :)

has anyone tried bruce edwards recipe for chicken tikka. i did but due to lack of suppliers of mustard oil i had to use sunflower oil instead. i can honestly say it was perfect but for the aroma no tandoor either so 240 degrees under the grill for 15 mins turning once. it was the best i ever had. only wish i had some ghee to brush it with and had "sizzled" it, again i recommend that anyone of you to try the sizzle  :D
if you need any tips then read KD's book has how to sizzle. to all newcomers i believe it's in the download section on this forum.

regards gary

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Hi Paast10.
Please do try my method to cook Chicken & let me know if yours turned out as good as mine, i have cooked it several times this way & all the most tender Ive ever cooked, ( remember don't boil the Chicken , just let it reach boil then follow recipe etc..etc.. ).  ;D

DARTHPHALL.... 8)....

Offline traveller

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 05:50 PM »
I will try your method next week - I had a few spoons of the madras sauce left over from yesterday so i decided to finish it up and cook the little bit of chicken I had left.  I hope that not boiling the chicken continuously solves all the problems!!!  I will let you know when I try it.
Thanks.

Payal

Offline traveller

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2005, 05:57 PM »
I am sorry I havent posted the madras curry sauce recipe yet - got very busy but will do it either sunday or monday for sure.  It really was very tasty - not really restaurant style but tasty.

Payal

©2024 Curry Recipes