Author Topic: Favourite dish at the moment ?  (Read 12262 times)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Favourite dish at the moment ?
« on: July 11, 2010, 11:47 AM »
Hi everyone , just a quick post to find out what everyones favourite dish is on the forum at the moment and why ? also where would you rate it on a scale from 1 - 10 ( 1 being poor and 10 being fantastic )

Garry

Offline Fi5H

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite dish at the moment ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Hi gaz, i would say that up until now of the dishes i have tried CA`s Jalfrazi has to be my favourite, I would rate it about 9 out of 10.. im saving the 10/10 mark for the ultimate dish lol

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 06:23 PM »
I've been consistently making CA's Madras for some time, but my new favourite is certainly Secret Santa's Chicken Saag - I was delighted with how well it turned out.

Rating (based on first cook): 8-9/10.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3600.0

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Hi, all

Its got to be Razors chicken tikka Jalfrezi for me, everyone has been really impressed with it so far when i have had friends and family around.

9.5 for me, dont know what will give it the extra .5 though ;D probably more of it ;D

i am doing domis dupiaza tonight which looks good on paper with Razors base, so looking forward to that too

regards

Alan

Offline stingy7

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 08:20 PM »
hi everyone.............................. as im a newbie and have just done my first dish    ;D       i rate the chicken cylon with razors base as my best ..( up to now  :P ) and would give it a very modest 7.5 to 8 out of 10 for my first effort hopefully ill get better with all your help..... :)

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 11:11 PM »
So far I would say Mick/Taz's Dopiaza Madras strength along with blades tikka, it just seems to hit the mark time after time.  I always do it with peterandjens pilau rice - works every time once you get the timings right for you cooker & adjust the spices to you personal preference.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 08:04 AM »
When I saw this thread originally I was quite looking forward to seeing the recipes people are currently using, particularly the recipes from more seasoned curry makers/users.

My staple at the moment is Razor's base with either SNS' Madras or the Garlic Chilli Chicken from the Undercover book.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:03 AM by Ramirez »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 01:59 PM »
I always do it with peterandjens pilau rice - works every time once you get the timings right for you cooker & adjust the spices to you personal preference.

After I read your comment above, I went to look at p&j's pilau rice but it doesn't look like anything of the sort! Rice, water and salt is the starting point but, as with many threads, it looks as vague as the Undercover book, in terms of what spices to add. What spices and quantities produce the best flavour for you?

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 02:41 PM »
I always do it with peterandjens pilau rice - works every time once you get the timings right for you cooker & adjust the spices to you personal preference.

After I read your comment above, I went to look at p&j's pilau rice but it doesn't look like anything of the sort! Rice, water and salt is the starting point but, as with many threads, it looks as vague as the Undercover book, in terms of what spices to add. What spices and quantities produce the best flavour for you?

Hi,

Generally I always gently fry three green cardamom pods bruised, three cloves, one Asian bay leaf and an inch of cinnamon stick per portion ( Sometimes I throw in a star anise), then when these are infused in the oil I add fennel until it crackles then I follow the recipe. I use these spices as in general this is what I get in my pilau from the local takeaway.  I guess you could put others in to suit your own palate or turmeric for colour.  I use a ceramic hob and six minutes on the hob then six min off the hob works well.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:04 PM by Willyeckerslike »

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 03:12 PM »
counted up how many yellow stickies "recipes" i have stored in my KD1 book - quite a surprise ~19 off.

out out and out fav is 976bar kashmiri. after that dippies biryani. if dining on my own then CA's vindaloo (although it's not quite a vindaloo in my book more a hot madras).

in terms of numbers based on our on delight at making and eating - they are clear 10's.

©2024 Curry Recipes