Author Topic: How to get 95% to a BIR Curry  (Read 1843 times)

Offline moezus

• Chef
    • View Profile
How to get 95% to a BIR Curry
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:53 AM »
Seems many people here have got to around 95% to replicating a BIR curry. To those people, I was wondering if you could advise which base (and any modifcations), recipe and methods got you that 95% closeness?
As a beginner on this forum there is so much info to go through, would be nice to get some tried and true information from experienced members.

From my general browsing, looks as though the favoured bases are CA, Darth and SnS. Are these the bases that are generally churning out curries with 95% closeness?

Many thanks in advance.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: How to get 95% to a BIR Curry
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:17 AM »
SnS base for me does the trick  8)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20 AM »
Hi Mozeus,

I started out using the SMS base for quite a while, but then changed over to CA's base which I have used until I formed my own base a couple of months ago.

I increased the onion quantity up to 2 kg but kept the spice quantity similar. I've found that this has bought me even closer to a BIR taste than ever before.

Hope this helps :)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:05 AM »
I think practice and experience will help you get closer to the BIR taste that your after rather than a particular base. 

The bases are all very similar on here and any new ones are really just variations on the same theme, best to pick a basic one and go from there. 

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 05:16 PM »
I have had good results with Bruce Edwards' base and also Ashoka base. The latter is not typical as it goes hand in hand with a spiced onion pasteand also with a garlic ginger paste so you need to pre-prepare three recipes to get your base.

©2024 Curry Recipes