Author Topic: Chicken Tikka  (Read 2625 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Chicken Tikka
« on: July 14, 2010, 02:52 PM »
Nothing new about the recipe, I always have used Blade's as I have found it the best......

Which calls for a heaped teaspoon of Patak's Tikka paste.

However, I found the other day a jar of Rajah Tikka Paste and have decided to give it a go. From the outset it has a brighter more orangy colour than Patak's.

It's in a bowl now in the fridge where it will stay until Friday, when I'll cook it ready for my Garlic Chilli Chicken on Saturday.

But just thought I'd share this with you. Has anybody else ever used Rajah Tikka paste before? If so what were your results like?

Here's a couple of pictures, and I'll let you know Friday evening how the Chicken Tikka itself has turned out :)

Offline Fi5H

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 03:43 PM »
looks like an import from germany.. keep us posted on how it turns out

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 04:38 PM »
I haven't tried the Tikka but the Tandoori paste by Rajah is quite different to the Patak's version. I found Rajah to be much hotter, but with better flavour.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Hi Fi5H,

Nearly all of the Rajah products have a German translation on the jar's but I do believe that Rajah, is in fact a Britsh company dating back to the Raj and owned by BE (British Emporium)

All of the spices I use are predominantly Rajah.

Ray

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 08:26 PM »
I'll keep you all posted on Friday evening, when the cooking has taken place :)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Following on from Wednesday, I finally cooked the Chicken Tikka today. I bought one of those instant charcoal BBQ's and set the tikka to task.

I have to say that having used the same "blades" recipe using both Pataks Pastes and Rajah Pastes, I prefer the Rajah Paste for making Chicken Tikka.

It has a much more fresh, but in depth taste to it than when using the Pataks paste which now seems a bit heavy. But also there was a noticeable change in depth of heat with this tikka.

The end result was in a Garlic Chilli Chicken which was demolished by all in minutes.

Here's a few picks of the end results :)

©2024 Curry Recipes