Author Topic: The Bengal Dynasty, Llandudno.  (Read 37338 times)

Offline TyeNoodle

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Bengal Dynasty, Llandudno.
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 03:15 PM »
I'll avoid that one if I'm ever in Llandudno then!

I visited a lot of BIR's in Scotland over the past 12 months, some were good and some were a bit sub-standard really but I'm screwed if I can remember where we went as I was usually a bit pissed by the time we'd get to one..

Sounds a bit of a clich? but my local is hard to beat. But maybe that's my 'taste'?

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 03:45 PM »
i think everyone would say their local is hard to beat to be honest , its all down to your own preferred taste

Offline TyeNoodle

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 03:53 PM »
I guess so, but when I first moved here, I wasn't keen on the place behind my house but now I don't eat anywhere else if I can help it! I even went to the one in the next village about 12 months ago as the head chef went off sick in my local, but it just wasn't on par ever..

Would you say that your taste adapts to the local?

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 04:02 PM »
i think everyone would say their local is hard to beat to be honest , its all down to your own preferred taste

I think this remark is so true.  We get our taste buds "conditioned" by our local BIR  ;D.  I had the same experience as TyeNoodle.  I didn't like my local BIR at all at first, but as time went on it got better & better to such an extent I revisited my old favourite BIR's and they cannot compete :o

Great to see the forum back to normal after a few days of the Jeremy Kyle show ::)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 04:10 PM »
yeah i would defo say that, i think each region in the uk tastes different and i have been to many indian restaurants all over the uk .

Offline TyeNoodle

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Thanks, not just me then...  ;D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 07:32 PM »
Guy's,

I've experienced exactly the same thing. 

My local was great for kebabs and samosa's and the like, but their Jal Frezi just wasn't up to scratch.  I then decided to order a Madras from them, and it was the mutts nuts, really good. 

Since then, I've had Bhuna's, Dhansaks, Dupiaza's, Vindaloos, and everyone of them was bang on.  Still haven't had another Jal Frezi off them since the first one, but I will, one day, and if it still turns out crap, then I'm ok with that, as long as the others stay on form.

Their Seekh kebabs are to die for, as I think I've mentioned before but, they are nothing like any seekh kebab that I've ever tasted before.  The outstanding flavour is cumin but it's not overpowering.  They are also very very spicy, spicier than any other seekh I've had.

Ray :)

Offline TyeNoodle

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 01:14 AM »
Funnily enough, I was a madras man until I moved here.. Had one from the local and it was awful!! I avoided the place until I tried a jalfrezi there, and it was awesome!! It really re-lit my bir fire! Since then, same as you Razor, I've tried a fair few opf their dishes and they've been superb but the madras has always been poor!

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Well, what with all the fun and games of the last few days I've only just got round to checking out the interwebs for any info on the Bengal Dysentry and guess what guys and gals, seems they are a small chain of 'award winning' BIRs in the Cheshire/North Wales area but with a far flung outpost in Hollywood, as in downtown L.A., yes that L.A. as in the U.S. of America.....blimey.

BENGAL DYNASTY

Cheers
CoR

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 11:50 AM »
pmsl @ Bengal Dysentry ;D Every establishment has a string of awards....I think there's a bloke on Oldham market that sells em :P

©2024 Curry Recipes