Author Topic: The Bengal Dynasty, Llandudno.  (Read 37562 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Bengal Dynasty, Llandudno.
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Hi TN,

Funnily enough, I was a madras man until I moved here.. Had one from the local and it was awful!! I avoided the place until I tried a jalfrezi there, and it was awesome!! It really re-lit my bir fire! Since then, same as you Razor, I've tried a fair few opf their dishes and they've been superb but the madras has always been poor!

lol, how bizzare.  I do wonder though, if my palet has adjusted to their 'taste' rather than their curries have improved.

Ray :)

Offline TyeNoodle

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 01:56 PM »
I dunno, I think every chef has his good and bad curries. Just so happened the madras was a bad curry, and the jalfrezi was pure magic!

Offline TyeNoodle

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 01:57 PM »
And talking of awards, there's a place on the mainland with "2007 Curry House of the year" award, and its pants! Been there several times (friends nearby) and I've yet to be impressed with the food. Very bland..

Offline welshman

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 12:12 AM »
I have been to this restaurant and I ordered a chicken jalfrezi.  The chicken tasted tough and overcooked and my companions were also disappointed with their food.  Bengal Dynasty is supposed to be a very good restaurant.  This restaurant has had mixed reviews on the Tripadvisor website. 

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 05:08 PM »
so Razor - where would you recommend in my neck of the woods - Manchester?

For me - Jai Kathmandu, Northenden, Swadesh, Bowdon, 7 Spices Cheadle Hulme - all excellent.

Forget Hilal Timperley

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Hi Goulie,

so Razor - where would you recommend in my neck of the woods - Manchester?

So, whereabouts exactly are you mate.  I'm from the Tameside area of Manchester, Audenshaw, Ashton, Denton area!

The Pearl in Audenshaw is a good night and Indian Ocean in Ashton too.  They're not you old fashioned curry houses though, they provide entertainment.  The Indian Oceans current favourate is "Patelvis"  funny as f*** ;D

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 07:16 PM »
Wow, freaky topic - I was in Llandudno on Monday. I took the kids geocaching on the Great Orme, luckily we didn't stick around for a curry. As we were driving off I commented that it was a nice place to go for the day but we had no idea what people would do there for a whole week. Maybe you can actually shed some light on that question Ray?

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Hi Chris,

we had no idea what people would do there for a whole week. Maybe you can actually shed some light on that question Ray?

Well, apart from going up and down the Great Orme, not a lot, lol

Actually, that's unfair I suppose.  There is plenty to do around llandudno and the Conwy area, it was just that the weather was shite when we was there, and we're not really an "outdoorsy" bunch us lot :-\

We stayed right on the front facing the bay, which was nice (except for the annoying Punch & Judy show, every feckin day :()

Did you not visit the copper mine Chris?

P.S,

Did you find the Geocache?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:58 PM by Razor »

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 01:39 PM »
We found 4 geocaches scattered around. There were plenty more that we didn't have time to look for. We were only there for half a day so didn't have time to visit the copper mine sadly.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 02:04 PM »
We found 4 geocaches scattered around.
OK, I'll bite : WTF is a "geocache" ???!
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes