Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Owen Money

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Hiya
« on: September 25, 2005, 07:01 PM »
Hiya, I'm a Newbie. I knew that this site had to be out there somewhere, I'm really glad I found it! Like many others, I've been into Curry for many years, but never achieved "That" BIR flavour. Now, with the help of this site, I feel that I'm going to.
Some years ago I attended some evening classes for Indian Cookery, I've still got the recipes, so I could post them in the Authentic Recipes section when I get time, Meanwhile, I intend to work my way through the BIR sections to find what are the simplest and most suitably flavoured to try. Any suggestions as to a good basic starting point? I've tried the"Holy Grail" on the Natco site and renamed it "Wholly Disappointing"! And so time-consuming - not that I've got anything better to do...!
Well anyway, nice to be a member,

Regards,

Owen.

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hiya
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 07:47 PM »
Hi Owen,

Welcome to the site. There are loads of choices for you here so it is just a question of browsing the site and finding out what's on offer.
From the Base Sauce recipes there are many choices. I personally like the Bruce Edwards Base which Pete has posted.
Kriss Dhillon is another tried and tested one and there is the Balti Kitchen three part Video which can be downloaded from the site or P.M. me and I can send you a D.V.D. copy.
The other recipes I like are the ones from the book "100 Best Balti Curries" which is also on the site in it's entirety.
All these are good starting points and worth a bit of experimenting.

Good luck and great cooking.

Do let us all know how you get on and post any info you may have.

Regards

Ray Graham

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 07:28 PM »
And so time-consuming - not that I've got anything better to do...!

Welcome aboard and just wait until your your time logged into this forum is pushing a week  ;)

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:30 PM »
Owen.....are you the same Owen Money as the comedian?

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:50 PM »
Ader, the guy hasn't posted since 2005. Are you in some kind of time warp or something?

Or maybe just from Northumbria.............same thing really :)

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 11:58 PM »
In actual fact, he seems to be viewing the board as I write.  That's what alerted me to the name which isn't really a common one at all.

littlechilie

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 07:41 AM »
Welcome and enjoy the selection of recipes here, also the best Naan recipe ever. That's NaanTarstic  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes