Author Topic: Whitburn, West Lothian  (Read 2553 times)

Offline bickerton

• Chef
    • View Profile
Whitburn, West Lothian
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:36 PM »
 :D

We are blessed in this little town half way between Edinburgh and Glasgow as we have two fantastic curry shops.

For Takeaways we have the house of spice which is as good if not better than any of the Glasgow houses.  The guys have been making curry here for years and a better takeaway I have not tasted. My personal favourite is a tandoori mixed grill with madras sauce. There is a full chicken breast on the bone, plus about another breast and a half of chicken tika, the same amount of lamb tika and a shish kebab with rice salad and a nan, all for about ?12.

The other place is a restaurant 'The Karma' (also does takeaway) and this is the closest I've ever had in an Indian to silver service. Its up market in style and in taste. The food is amazing. I tend to go for the south Indian garlic chili, but it is more famous for its Ruby beef fillet steak (award winning). http://www.karmawhitburn.co.uk/

If ever your passing through you could do a lot worse!.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Whitburn, West Lothian
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:09 PM »
@ bickerton - i doubt they are better than Glasgow BIR's but i will travel and sample your lovely takeaway next month and report back mate

keep up the posts

Garry

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I'm with you on the Tandoori Mixed Grill - one of my favourites

Offline billrob

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 08:35 AM »
I am new around here, this is my first post, re the Karma in Whitburn I have eaten there a handful of time in the last 12 years or so, each time the same poor result. The place is lovely, staff are great, each time the starters have been good but the mains not so much, they have been consistantly bland, lacking seasoning with salt and the last time i tried the place I sent my main back. This is the first time in over 35 years of curry eating that I have ever resorted to sending my meal back, it was that bad. To their credit they replaced it with another, this time I went with their recommendation and it was also a very poor dish, I ate half and left. My daughter and her partner have also tried this restaurant and they formed exactly the same opinion. It has won awards, I don't know how, they must have different fare when entering.

©2024 Curry Recipes