Author Topic: Glasgow Pakora  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Glasgow Pakora
« on: August 15, 2010, 03:28 PM »
As I have stated elsewhere I have been searching for the perfect Glasgow Vegetable Pakora. More recently Martinwhynot sent me his recipe which included crushing some of the Coriander Seeds and grating the Potato. I followed again the Ashoka recipe and technique but added the Potatoes grated and crushed the Coriander Seeds in a mortar with the other spices and salt. As you may no the breakthrough with the Ashoka recipe was the leaving of all the ingredients mixed dry until the water was drawn out of the veg. On previous occasions on my own I was unable to get enough natural liquid and had to add water. This time within an hour the mix was perfect. In fact I had to add more Gram Flour before pre frying them as per the Ashoka advice to rest them half way through. So the now look right, smell right and will be finally cooked later tonight served with JivyJ's sue and Martinwhynots spiced onions. Then we will dine on The Ashoka Chicken Dopiazza and The Ashoka Chicken Bhuna Karahi. Magic

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow Pakora
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 03:49 PM »
Hi panpot where is his recipes as i cant seem to find them on here ?

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:42 AM »
Gary, I realize now that he sent them to me as a message. I cooked them last night and to be fair got my best results yet but they didn't cook right through as my oil was too hot in my wok.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:48 AM »
r u going to post his recipe then ?

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 08:32 AM »
Gary, good question, I will email him and ask him to post it himself and if he won't will seek permission to do so myself. I do know that I need help with getting the oil to the correct temperature in my wok. Can anybody advise?

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 02:28 PM »
buy a cheap deep fat fryer panpot - very easy mate

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Can you recommend one Gary.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 06:40 PM »
http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp;jsessionid=kz491X4Hy-eN31EXusXw5A**.oses4067-atg03?trailSize=1&searchString=deep+fat+fryer&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=69353

i use this one for my bhajis or pakora

Garry

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Cheers Mate, just read your Cracked it thread, cool, certainly as you would expect the Ashoka chefs were using an industrial sized one so I will take the hint and get mine ASAP

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Gary, I am getting round to ordering a fryer but cant get this link. Can you share with me the capacity of the thing and can you get a good Glasgow portion cooked in one go or what? PP

©2024 Curry Recipes