Author Topic: Curry Gravy with cabbage  (Read 6845 times)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Curry Gravy with cabbage
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Chris you can ask all you want , did you actually read his comments on his website ?

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 03:55 PM »

I have had a quick skim through his site and he sounds a bit uptight, I don't think he would fit in here somehow  ;D

As for the recipes the gravy seems familiar although I don't recall 10 chicken stock cubes being called for before, seems a little extreme!

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 03:57 PM »
a bit uptight, sounds like he is ready to explode lol - just think how he would respond to CA or SS lmao

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 06:38 PM »

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 07:55 PM »
i refer to my previous post Chris ! that guy is a total twat , no wonder he was sacked from his previous job - he has a serious attitude problem !

Gazman

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 12:21 AM »
I think he has little man syndrome! So quick to judge eh, bless him.  ::)

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 10:41 PM »
I fear this thread risks bringing cr0 into disrepute. Arguments between members here are one thing - at least they are internal squabbles, but laying into another guy's blog strikes me as well out of order. I read several pages of his blog and I can't understand the criticisms posted here.

The opening post of this thread is excluded from my comments. This thread started off OK but went rapidly down hill.

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 10:18 PM »
I agree with George.  It was not a nice welcome to our website :(

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Hi Guy's

Well, I've just briefly skimmed over his recipes and there are some suprises in there for me.

1, Ten chicken stock cubes!  Ok, I do like the idea of stock being in there, and i have said previously that I'd like to boil a couple of chickens in my next base, so that's interesting for me.

2, What is this main dish that he is making? It certainly isn't a restaurant dish that I know of.  The fact that it takes 20 minutes to make rules that out for me! Has anybody else heard of adding mint sauce to the main dish?

3, Add about a half of the garlic/ginger and fry until it goes golden brown and smells a bit like toffee!  I have only ever smelled "toffee" once I have fried off the ground spices, not the garlic and ginger!

4, Not sure I understand the need to use fresh methi and dried methi in the same dish, unless it's for texture?

5,  Lastly, I've never come across pilau rice with garlic and ginger in it, but I'd be willing to suggest that it would taste awesome?

As for his attitude, I don't have a problem with it.  As said plenty of time before here, the written word is quite often devoid of emotion, and can easily be misconstrued.  I thought his comments about the muesli brigade was quite comical really. 

It's a shame that he won't be joining us, though I'm not convinced his style is restaurant style.

just my ten penneth ;)

Ray :)

©2024 Curry Recipes