Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Group Test  (Read 21938 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka Group Test
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 08:18 PM »
Hi SP

wonder how it will do in the overall scoring?

I've got a pretty good idea, lol ;)

Ray :)

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 11:08 AM »
I have results in from Me, Razor, Fi5H and Solarsplace. Axe is having trouble getting time to do the test (it takes up a long time!) so I can either publish the results as they are with 4 judges, we can wait for Axe to get round to it, or someone else can volounteer to step in. It's good fun and you will find you learn an awful lot about which spices and pastes work well, and which definitely shouldn't.

Let me know your thoughts.

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 12:49 PM »
Hi

As I understand it, the whole group test is meant to be a helpful & fun guide to a selection of recipes from this great site, that being the case I think that 4 testers results should be adequate enough for what the test is designed to show?

However, although it was time consuming to do all the tests, I personally really enjoyed trying some new recipes that I probably would never have bothered with (and finding some real jems in there too ;) ), so would encourage anyone else to volunteer.

Cheers

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Hi Chris,

Just PM Axe, and see what he wants to do.  I must admit, the wife wasn't too chuffed when I opted to do the tikka test over, decorating the back bedroom but, hey ho, she'll get over it lol

If Axe is busy, his only chance maybe be at the weekend.  If he can find the time this weekend coming, then fine, I would wait until then but if he is struggling then as SP say's, 4 should be enough unless anyone else is willing to step in?

Ray :)

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 09:08 PM »
He said last week that he might get a chance to get them done this weekend so I'll wait until then.

The bhajis should be fun, but as Axe mentioned now we know how to cook them perfectly, it will be difficult to follow a recipe that does them a different way. I'm all up for improving on perfection though, maybe there will be another surprise or two out there. If nothing else, the other judges will become bhaji experts. Once you crack the method, they are really easy to cook.

Offline Fi5H

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 07:51 PM »
do we have a final list of bhaji recipes yet

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 09:58 AM »
I apologise for the delay in being able to do this. I just simply haven't found the time to organise the test alongside work commitments and family life. I don't want to stand in the way of progress, so if your happy to post the results as you have them Chris, please feel free.

I do intend to do the test, for my own satisfaction, perhaps when I have the results compiled you could add them in maybe.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:59 AM by Axe »

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 11:57 AM »
brilliant idea this, i can not wait for the results. who evers comes out on top is the first one i am going to try. since joining this site this week i have done the chicken ceylon twice by Cory Ander. so if the tikka is half as good as that i am tipping his to come out on top. i am looking forward to trying all the other members recipes as well. great site this

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 02:32 PM »
Hmmm, now I just need to remember how I got the spreadsheet into a JPEG last time.

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Hi

Try this:

1) Open Windows paint

2) Open spread sheet in Excel.

3) Press print screen key.

4) Select Windows paint and press control+V to paste the clipboard.

5) Crop image to size

6) Save as .JPG type

CHeers

©2024 Curry Recipes