Author Topic: Onion Bhaji Group Test  (Read 59170 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Onion Bhaji Group Test
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Hi Alan,

Really glad my base is working for you, and I'm sure that the addition of the stock pots are adding an extra twist to it. 

For me, it's what it's all about, finding a recipe that is close, then making the odd change here and there to get you that bit closer.

As for the onion bhaji test, I'm devoed that I've not managed to get it done quicker, it really was the one that I was looking forward to.  I have of late been making CWG's bhajis and I think that they are fantastic!  Like you with my base, he has taken elements from what he believes are the best bhaji's on the forum and added his own twist, which has produced a very flavoursome bhaji IMO.

Ray :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:39 PM by Razor »

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2010, 01:38 PM »
I've got 2 sets of results (mine and 1 other), I can publish the results once I have 4 sets. Hopefully Axe will be able to give this one a go too as he is also a bhaji connoisseur.

The hardest thing I found was following each recipe to the letter knowing that the results could be better if done a different way. It's a fun test though and anyone that has a go will come out a master bhaji chef. This is one of the few things I think the forum has got 100% right.

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Hi Ray,

I have just shown mrs moony(also my nemesis and  my biggest critic :'() your post

she has just made a comment even though i was undecided if it made any difference at all adding the stock pots.

She does think that you are right about it adding the extra twist and she believes it has had an impact and made a difference in the overall taste of the overall dish. how significant we both dont know.

I acknolwedge you have recently knocked up a big batch of your own base a couple of weeks ago but if you dont mind and i know its a big ask the next time you make up some base could you add the chicken stock pots and see if you feel it makes a difference to your overall dish. I do know though that it has no diverse affects on your base so it would not go to waste.

Personally i value your feedback on this forum very highly as i assume other members do and would be very interested in your thoughts on this.

at the very least ,it would reach a conclusion for me on my own chicken bone theory.

pressures on Ray ;D

bhajis, base whatevers next ;D

thanks

Alan ;D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2010, 09:20 PM »
Hi Alan,

Sure, I will defo give the chicken stock pots a go.  Again, it's what it's all about, trying to improve on what we already have.

I am ready for another batch of base next weekend, so that's when Ill add the stock.

Can you just confirm, exactly which stock pot's that they are?  A picture would be good too, just to make absolute sure that I'm getting the correct ones.

Just one question Al, do you think it makes a difference to the taste of the base or the taste of the end dish?  I think you did explain it in your last post but I just want to be sure.

Thanks,

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Hi Ray,

knorrs stock pots i use rather than boiling a full chicken carcass ;D

i now add two pots to one litre of water at the final stage of your base.

it does alter the taste of your base for definate.

i just dont know if that is responsible for my improved results lately.

i really appreciate you trying this out ray :)

Thanks

Alan ;D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2010, 10:22 PM »
Hi Alan,

Found them, there the Marco Peirre White ones aren't they?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Found them, there the Marco Peirre White ones aren't they?
Just happened to walk past one of our Knorr Stock Pot packs, and there's no mention of MPW on them : they just read "8 x Knorr STOCK POT CHICKEN", plus the usual small print.

** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2010, 12:23 AM »
It's a real shame that this excellent series of tests seems to have run aground.

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2010, 09:02 AM »
It's a real shame that this excellent series of tests seems to have run aground.

Hi George

Would you be prepared (or anyone else for that matter) to take part? - as Chris said, we only need 2 more sets of results in order to publish!

Come on members! - it really is a surprisingly quick and enjoyable test to take part in :)

Offline Vindaloo-crazy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2010, 10:42 AM »
I was going to offer but I can't get Kashmiri Masala over here  :(

©2024 Curry Recipes