Author Topic: Youtube resturant jafriezie  (Read 14287 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube resturant jafriezie
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 01:33 PM »
i need to cook a few more dishes really before i can draw any conclusions.

Shouldn't that be " i need to cook a few more dishes real  before i can draw any conclusions"?   ;D   ;)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 06:26 AM »
Secret Santa,

also i was using jb's mix powder which i have no experience of (not saying it's not very good - it could be too close to curry powder for example) - i need to use a mix powder i've used before. i have some dipuraja left.

just to muddy the picture when i make the kashmiri i use bassar on it's own ie no additional mix powder. i've tried same dish with mix powder and it doesn't work as good. what i'm getting at is that the "rule" on what to use may not be that simple.

will know better after hopefully cooking on the weekend the remaining 3 base portions.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 01:22 PM »
and get really annoyed with myself if i flame the pan - it uses up the oil too much

i've cooked 8 off main's this week and having had this video at the back of my mind - i've been more conscious than normal of flaming the pan.

too ensure a balance view of what i've said i need to add that it's very difficult to prevent the flaming and in reality i get quite a lot during the frying. it doesn't have any affect on the taste.

in short it's not "if" it's more like "when".

©2024 Curry Recipes