Author Topic: Gordon's Prashad in Bradford  (Read 2687 times)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Gordon's Prashad in Bradford
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:48 PM »
i've had a few disappointing trips to bradford in the past for curry - it's a tad different to midlands curry.

i was amazed this week on TV when the Prashad on Gordon's TV best restaurant got through to the semi's. it beat a place called brilliant in london (which looked real good).

the amazement was solely down to the Prashad being veggie.

does anyone have 1st hand experience of the Prashad. if it was down purely to the people then it was obvious the Prashad would win hands down - for it to win on the food as well suggests there is more to this veggie thing. the brilliance did tandoori lamb & prawns but at the end of the day it was not enough.

link to the place http://www.prashad.co.uk/menu.htm

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Gordon's Prashad in Bradford
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:58 PM »
f it was down purely to the people then it was obvious the Prashad would win hands down

It was interesting to watch and perhaps it's still available to watch online at channel4.com

I hope the nice people from 'Brilliant' don't read your comment, though. I felt sorry that one side had to lose. Both teams seemed like decent folks to me.

I hope to visit 'Brilliant' sometime.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:09 AM »
George,

there was no slight on the Brilliant for me as they would be my fav. what i was getting at was that meat eaters poo poo'd the bradford offering prior to tasting but changed their minds after eating.

were they being nice on camera or is there more to it than the bradford lot being very nice people.

we need a members view who has visited the place. i'm not certain that Gordon's decision was just on the food.

my interest being that perhaps i should give more interest to the Prashad type dishes for cooking at home. 

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 10:10 AM »
As ever this site illuminates,finding just what you need at the right time. I have been confronted recently regarding my over indulgence of animal protein particularly chicken. I prefer to cook with free range organic and although expensive definitely tastes better. However more often than not when cooking curry and I had a big night last week I tend to use the cheep industrially processed slabbed " plump breasts " that just ain't good enough. Many of us here are fairly health conscious but maybe eating like me inferior produce well disguised in our excellent concoctions. Anyway I have often taken Jerry's lead and just when I needed it the permission to experiment with veggies. My starting point will be the most recent post here for the ultimate ultimate chili. I will use Linda McCartney mince or soya mince soaked in a veg stock cube before cooking. The manner in which that plump breasted chicken was born lived and more importantly died doesn't bear thinking about no matter how well I drench it in base sauce. PP

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 04:12 PM »
We're going to the Prashad early in the New Year ;D Either 7th or 14th Jan...

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 11:45 AM »
Domi,

looking forward to feedback. even perhaps some dish recommendations.

it's a fair joint and given previous disasters would take some persuading of the boss to sanction a trip.

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 12:20 AM »
absolutely fantastic! I'm not a veggie and so have not tasted much of the veggie menu in a BIR but I have to say their food is delicious! I was hooked at the mixed starter ;D I had a few drinks before and more than a few after but it puts our regular bir to shame. Flavour was on so many different levels but everything married up so well! I'll post more when I'm sober....if you're anywhere near Bradford you must give this place a visit :o

©2024 Curry Recipes