Author Topic: What dominates the flavour?  (Read 12611 times)

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: What dominates the flavour?
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 03:16 PM »
Flavourjunkie, I feel you have been a naughty boy here and have got us caught up in a potentially good post with the real reason having us hook up to your site. If you haven't forgive me but I will find it hard to believe. This is a cheap tactic used by countless wannabe Internet traders to infiltrate onto forums to drive traffic to their site and their affiliate earning process. Years ago this site was manipulated by another naughty boy who caused havoc and ran off with some really good contributors to set up a rival site that was ultimately there to make him money even if some of those folks can't see it or won't admit it. I think asking if we would want to get in touch privately to get the details would have been better but I for one am pissed that you have taken advantage of our passion for our forum and it's contents to do the spiv thing. Not impressed by you but do love the responses you have got. I would like to see you withdraw your site. I have a number that I would love to promote to you all too but would never dream of it even if you now all asked me for them because is in my humble opinion totally unacceptable. PP

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Maybe I am being naive, but that site just looks like a regular fansite to me.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Hi FJ,

Rest assured no offense has been taken

Thanks for you understanding.

Ray :)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Maybe I am being naive, but that site just looks like a regular fansite to me.

Me too!  Can you make money from this type of site?

Ray :)

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 04:08 PM »
I too thought FJ's site was just a "hobby" site with no commercial aspect.

In fact I felt a bit sorry for him for cooking for one all the time! Billy Nomates and all that.

Paul.

Offline flavorjunkie

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 04:26 PM »
Sorry for any misconceptions.

The site is purely for personal interest. There are no adverts and absolutely no revenue from it. You could call it a hobby site but I'm not sure I'd call eating a "hobby".

I only posted the address in trying to answer George's questions and it was the easiest way to give a complete answer.

When I found myself, a few years ago, in the position of having to cook for myself I had a problem - very little cooking experience, fed up with eating frozen food with most recipes for 4 persons and I got fed up with making 4 portions - eating one and freezing 3.

So I had to figure out how to cut recipes down. I just wanted to share what I could with others in the same position.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 04:38 PM »
I have to say, that I've been browsing your site for a bit and it's pretty impressive. Might give a couple of those recipes a go, as I always cook for one.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 05:10 PM »
I'm not sure it is wise to impose any limits of what should or should not be measured, judged or assessed, surely doing that would only impede progress?

I agree that nobody can impose limits or control what anyone else does. Progress might be impeded if some folks look up to so-called experts, only to find they may be seriously misguided, and not so expert after all.

I welcome flavourjunkie's input and I don't even see his approach as over-complicated. It strikes me as what some of the best BIRs are likely to do.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:36 PM by George »

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 07:13 PM »
I may have jumped the gun here and may well be wrong in this case. I do feel strongly about this given what happened in the past. I like many others have invested a great deal of time and energy into our forum Ove the years and have promoted it when ever I get a chance. I will always pick up on this kind of thing and would stop participating as a matter of principle if others were condoning what I am clearly concerned about and felt I was wrong in wanting to protect things this way. I am prepared to accept that others have endorsed flavourjunkie's site as being OK and so I am sorry if I have been wrong this time. I am also prepared to accept that my views may belong to a minority of one and if so I will sadly move on now and let the majority if they exist do what they will with this wonderful resource but I couldn't in all
honesty continue to participate. Sorry PP

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 08:21 PM »
I may have jumped the gun here and may well be wrong in this case. I do feel strongly about this given what happened in the past. I like many others have invested a great deal of time and energy into our forum Ove the years and have promoted it when ever I get a chance. I will always pick up on this kind of thing and would stop participating as a matter of principle if others were condoning what I am clearly concerned about and felt I was wrong in wanting to protect things this way. I am prepared to accept that others have endorsed flavourjunkie's site as being OK and so I am sorry if I have been wrong this time. I am also prepared to accept that my views may belong to a minority of one and if so I will sadly move on now and let the majority if they exist do what they will with this wonderful resource but I couldn't in all
honesty continue to participate. Sorry PP

Hi Panpot

By the end of your post, I could not tell if you are saying that you are throwing in the towel so to speak?

If this is the case, please don't do that! - you are not in a minority! - you are a member of a forum where the over whelming majority feels very passionate about the site and its mission and will respect your concerns!

EDIT: Sorry to slightly OT the original post - have slapped self on legs ;)

Regards

Russell

©2024 Curry Recipes