Author Topic: The Tikka Group Test Results  (Read 28325 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Tikka Group Test Results
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Thanks for you comments though George, just sorry that you gained nothing from the results.

Actually. I've gained a lot from these results and the other tests. As I said, I'm grateful for all the work put in. IMHO this is the best thing going on within the forum at present, and for some time.

Despite my initial doubts, these group tests seem very worthwhile, unlike many other 'reports' reaching the forum on other threads, which strike me as random observations with no conclusion, or of much value at all. Just fog, like data overload, so we can't see the wood for the trees.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 10:08 PM »
Hi George.

Actually. I've gained a lot from these results and the other tests. As I said, I'm grateful for all the work put in. IMHO this is the best thing going on within the forum at present, and for some time.

Thanks for that, kind of makes it feel worth while when we hear comments like that 

Thank you very much ;D.

Ray :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:46 PM by Razor »

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 10:34 PM »
Thanks to all who helped with the testing. Great work.

I think the last tikka I made was the Dipuraja, and remember thinking it was excellent. The 10 on taste for the Kushi may well prompt me to give that one a try.

Also glad I never tried the Maddhur tikka.

Thx,
Josh

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 01:47 AM »
George, I suggest for your own benefit you try doing them all together, I'll be happy to add your results to the spreadsheet if you like, or you can just pick your favourite. Im sure we'd all be interested to hear your thoughts.

That's not a bad idea, thanks. Luck has it that I need to make some tikka soon, to check out my latest attempt with a homemade tandoor, i.e. if I can get the oven temperature up to 400 or 500C.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 01:59 AM »
George,

Would be great if you could post some pics of the tandoor too.  Is it you own design, or have you bought it kit form?

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Every time I go on the the Spices of India website I spend 5 minutes looking at their tandoors and trying to justify the expense. I'm sure one day I'll just think blow it and buy one.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 10:38 AM »
George, Would be great if you could post some pics of the tandoor too.  Is it you own design, or have you bought it kit form?

It's my own design - what I call my MkII version. The first attempt was documented here in 2008 but I couldn't get it hot enough so the latest version is totally different, and will hopefully work better and hotter. I will do a write-up when I have something worthwhile to report.

Chris - the main expense of my tandoor attempts is the time to build them. The monetary outlay has been tiny for my MkII version - about GBP10 in total. A key requisite is that it can be dismantled and stored away when not in use. I'm not prepared to have some concrete monstrosity taking up space in my back yard, or a commercial offering the size of a washing machine, in my kitchen. If this latest attempt doesn't produce worthwhile results I'll be almost out of ideas, and will throw the whole lot in the bin.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Not wishing to put a dampener on the results, but I would like to request that each tester confirms that they made the tikkas EXACTLY to the specified recipe (ingredients AND technique). 

In my case, that means confirmation that that the testers used my tandoori masala and not a commercially supplied one (and any other specified detail).

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 01:31 PM »
Hi CA,

I can confirm that I used you tandoori masala, as I have about 200g of it in my cupboard.

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Hi CA,

I can confirm that I used you tandoori masala, as I have about 200g of it in my cupboard.

Hi

I confirm that I followed the original posters recipes to spec. If they deviated from spec then that was an unintentional error on my part. To my knowledge none deviated even in error. I also had 3 additional persons test the results with me to avoid any influence or favouritism on my part.

I confirm that I used CA's own tandoori masala mix. In fact I would go as far to say that in my opinion, it is superior to off the shelf tandoori masala's and I have been using it for many months.

In fact, since the test, I have made just Blade's and CA's and not Dips. On paper there may be a point or 2 between them, but they are all up there as fantastic tikka's.

Thanks

Russell

©2024 Curry Recipes