Author Topic: Hi from Hampshire!  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Paul-B

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Hampshire!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Hi Tim

Good to see you here, another convert from my CC-UK sig! Enjoy the curries, and when you're doing your first one have a go at upping some pics (you can see my first attempt from 2007 just here

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1838.0

Offline Globalbloke

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Hi Tim

Good to see you here, another convert from my CC-UK sig! Enjoy the curries, and when you're doing your first one have a go at upping some pics (you can see my first attempt from 2007 just here

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1838.0

The Sig works and here are my first curry pics, my missus thinks I'm mad doing this but she has put up with me doing this with my various motors for years so it's not THAT odd to her.... So some pics:

Now she just said to me "the only reason the rice was in that shape was because you wanted it to look good on a forum..... you sad ****"  ;D

Offline Paul-B

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 10:12 AM »
That looks good. How did it taste, was it what you wanted? Here in Oxford we're really lucky, the bottom end of the Cowley road is a feast of oriental shops, mostly Bangladeshi but also chinese/thai/oriental etc. so it's easy to get spices, rice, herbs etc. cheaply and in bulk. I bought a lot of sealable plastic food-boxes from our local Sainsburys, many of them at half-price or less, and use them to store my spices in the garage where it's dark and cool. And the missus bought a birds-eye chilli bush which we keep on the window sill and harvest the ripe chillis as and when - those not used dry out nicely and are stored.

Let us know how you get on with your curry-fest.

©2024 Curry Recipes