Author Topic: Hi from a Curry Secret Veteran  (Read 10559 times)

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from a Curry Secret Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Jerry makes so many - far too many - posts here that's it's almost impossible to avoid.

Sorry to double post and take the thread further OT, but some comments... seriously unnecessary.

I for one love your contributions Jerry. Please keep posting.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 07:49 PM »
George,

apologies i will try harder - i can understand where you are coming from. for me i'm just in too much of a rush to get the words down i don't think about the english.

what i was getting at is that if bmouthboyo really wants to stick with his own method (ie KD1's) then why not - just try adding in some of the extra ingredients. obviously with what i know i would encourage him to try out several of the bases from the site. i'd probably recommend CA's aka as a good starting point or BE's

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2815

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3074.0;topicseen

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3772.0

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 11:31 PM »
Keep posting away Jerry,  I for one enjoy reading u're exploits on the BIR quest. ;D

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 01:26 AM »
Keep posting away Jerry. I'm sure most of us on here are not bothered at all by your style.

That's 3 times by my reckoning that George has turned into the grammar police against you.

It's only a curry forum after all.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 01:47 AM »
Keep posting away Jerry.

Jerry's posting average is 2.9 posts per day
Yours is 0.6

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 08:56 AM »
Keep posting away Jerry.

Jerry's posting average is 2.9 posts per day
Yours is 0.6

So what?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Let's put this sub-thread to rest, please : George complained, Jerry apologised, so there should be no reason to prolong this digression any further.  It's the CURRY that matters, surely, and any temporary personal misunderstandings are best laid to rest as soon as possible.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 09:39 AM »

So what?

It's domineering like when  anyone hogs the conversation in a group. A good guideline mentioned on many forums is to not make excessive posts.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 09:43 AM »
It's domineering like when  anyone hogs the conversation in a group. A good guideline mentioned on many forums is to not make excessive posts.

Okay, fair point. However, I think you could have got that point across with a little more tact and little sooner in your argument.

Let's put this sub-thread to rest, please : George complained, Jerry apologised, so there should be no reason to prolong this digression any further.  It's the CURRY that matters, surely, and any temporary personal misunderstandings are best laid to rest as soon as possible.

I agree. The trouble is the complete lack of moderation on the site that curtails this sort of thing. Let's move on.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 11:27 AM »
OK, let's move on. I'm sorry I feel the need to express concern over the points raised. There's never a good time. I agree the primary focus is curry but if the forum is hit with too many posts it means we can't so readily see the wood for the trees. A research scientist doesn't publish data from every day's experiments. He'll wait to draw some useful conclusions before publishing anything. Here, too often, all we seem to get is the 'daily data' and not enough conclusions. Group tests and JB's recent, superb posts are notable exceptions. This is my main concern rather than anything about the trendy use by a middle-aged person of teenage text-speak.

©2024 Curry Recipes