Author Topic: Hi from a Curry Secret Veteran  (Read 10562 times)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from a Curry Secret Veteran
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 11:43 AM »

So what?

It's domineering like when  anyone hogs the conversation in a group. A good guideline mentioned on many forums is to not make excessive posts.

If anyone's making excessive unnecessary posts, George, it's you. :( I don't know what's gotten into you lately....it doesn't matter about spelling or grammar as long as you can make sense of what's being said. I think you're giving Jerry an undeserved hard time. Your own postcount would be alot less if your petty niggles were not included in the count.

Such a shame that you choose to post such things in a new member's welcome thread....what kind of impression does that give of the board? :\

Offline Vindaloo-crazy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 12:18 PM »
I second Domi's sentiments; even though I am anally retentive about language myself.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:31 PM by Vindaloo-crazy »

Offline Vindaloo-crazy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I don't like text speak, George is right, it often doesn't reduce the character count but I think we need to be a little more accepting of the way people are trying to communicate ideas here.
We are a group of people that don't know each other, we are joined by a love of curry; remember that when you post.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:36 PM by Vindaloo-crazy »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 12:48 PM »
If anyone's making excessive unnecessary posts, George, it's you.

OK, I have to accept that nobody seems to share my concern about data overload. I feel it's holding the forum back.

What's more useful - dozens of posts about the colour your onions turned each day this week, or suggestions about how the forum might improve through a reduction in near-spamming and near-trolling?

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 06:04 PM »
George,

C'mon, (sorry, come on!) everone has their own style of posting.  I happen to like Jerry's post's.  I love the way he experiments, thinks about how to improve on his standard, offers his opinions, help and advice.  I also love the fact, that he doesn't anally stick to topic!

Yeah, yeah, I know that that is forum etiquette but he does no harm whatsoever!  Actually, I am quite interested in what colour his onions turn each day, although I would have given a better analogy of what it is that you're trying to say!

Is it really so bad that he gives us an update on his curry journey?  I don't think so.

And as for his grammar, what the hell has grammar got to do with cooking? I'm quite certain that Jamie Oliver could not write a sentence to save his live but I'm also certain that he's a bloody good chef, just ask his bank manager.

Give Jerry a break George, he's good for the forum and very popular amongst the members, as is evident by the support that he is receiving in response to your remarks. 

If you don't want to read a JerryM post, then don't, simple as that!

Ray.

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Well said razor my man well said

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Yep, well said Domi & Razor.

George, you are just being too picky, you can read what is mean't to be read or you can scrutinze (hope thats spelt right :-\ ) but the latter detracts from what good people are trying to achieve and share amongst us all, and it could put people off from posting.  Everyone seems to agree we are looking for a very small percentage of the finished article to make many BIR quality meals, but hear you are complaining about very small details.
Lighten up
Or you could always offer to proof read everyones posts?  ;) so we can all post to u're satisfaction.
 ::)

oh & welcome to the forum bmouthboyo enjoy ;D

Offline bmouthboyo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 12:32 PM »
Blimey sorry guys, it has been over a year and only now revisited! As my girlfriend is away at the moment I feel it is a perfect opportunity to try some more complex curries.

Don't worry about the grammar, I am not particularly good at spelling either.I will have a read through the links posted, thanks :)

What I am really after is a relatively healthy (not lots of cream, ghee etc) and fairly simple (generally readily ingredients) curry base. I cook curries for me and my Girlfriend about once a fortnight and mainly stuck to KD recipes: (Patia, Korma, Tikka Masala, Jalfrezi and Basic Curry). Have generally been very impressed but only the Patia and Tikka Masala I feel are BIR standard.

We generally like strong flavours and can handle HOT curries fine. We have a local Makkah Asian foodstore (amazing range at good prices with very helpful staff) so can get most readily available ingredients. One kind of limiting point however is that we eat pretty healthily (girlfriends nagging) so I am looking for recipes which can be eating regularly as part of a healthy diet, and maybe the odd special treat recipe.

Any other pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 12:57 PM »
Hi bmouthboyo
Welcome to cr0.
You could try this recipe if you wish, no bell's and whistles :D simple and straight forward.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1894.0

HS

You can alway's change the spices to a spice mix of your choice ;)
Happy Cooking,

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Blimey sorry guys, it has been over a year and only now revisited! As my girlfriend is away at the moment I feel it is a perfect opportunity to try some more complex curries.

Don't worry about the grammar, I am not particularly good at spelling either.I will have a read through the links posted, thanks :)

What I am really after is a relatively healthy (not lots of cream, ghee etc) and fairly simple (generally readily ingredients) curry base. I cook curries for me and my Girlfriend about once a fortnight and mainly stuck to KD recipes: (Patia, Korma, Tikka Masala, Jalfrezi and Basic Curry). Have generally been very impressed but only the Patia and Tikka Masala I feel are BIR standard.

We generally like strong flavours and can handle HOT curries fine. We have a local Makkah Asian foodstore (amazing range at good prices with very helpful staff) so can get most readily available ingredients. One kind of limiting point however is that we eat pretty healthily (girlfriends nagging) so I am looking for recipes which can be eating regularly as part of a healthy diet, and maybe the odd special treat recipe.

Any other pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome back.  Time to park the curry secret and log on here a bit more often.  Far better  recipes here and a diverse of really everything ;D
Two simple bases with readily available ingredients that spring to mind are CA's and Abdul Mohed's.  Both are simplicity itself and produce excellent results.  No disrespect to the other quality bases that are on here guys ;):

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3772.0

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5958.0

For the main course try CA's chicken ceylon :P

Good luck and keep us posted on the results.

©2024 Curry Recipes