Author Topic: This forum has a lot to answer for!  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
This forum has a lot to answer for!
« on: October 03, 2005, 02:56 PM »
I have been concentrating on this forum's posts so much that I have not been looking at the other forums I used to use. So for the first time for a couple of months I decided to look at the other forums.

I tried UKFDI on google:? http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.food+drink.indian?lnk=lr&hl=en
It seems to be getting only a few posts a month compared to lots per day a while ago

I tried the yahoo group 'curry':? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/curry/
It's had one post this year

I tried in2curry:? http://www.in2curry.co.uk/curry_chat/currychat.asp
and the last post is from Ray complaining about it being dead :)

Is it just coincidence that all these groups died when this one started?

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: This forum has a lot to answer for!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 03:15 PM »
It seems for all its ups & downs, that this site has a good hardcore following of diverse personalities from all walks of life who just love curry  ;D, perhaps its our sincere wish to be part of & therefore to contribute to what has to be one of the best minority forums there is.
For my part i think that my Curries have improved dramatically from the information provided from the members & what they have learned & past on.
I believe if it wasn't for this site i may of never had the drive to keep trying to achieve my ultimate goal.
A 100% Curry Clone  ;D.

Yours DARTHPHALL..... 8).....

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 03:29 PM »
perhaps its our sincere wish to be part of & therefore to contribute to what has to be one of the best minority forums there is.

Blimey, I'm a minority!

Now where's that council house application form? ?:D

(people don't go getting all PC on me, it's a joke o.k.)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Yes sorry guys & gals being in Cornwall & eating sooo much Curry is down here an unusual thing "oooar weres me Vindalloo, me dear"?
I agree Yf keep ya PC to your selves it has no place in hardcore Curry land oooaarr !

Do you think a pastie Curry would catch on down ear ? :D

Yours DARTH......

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Do you think a pastie Curry would catch on down ear ? :D

Why not??!!

Don't forget we eat Parrott curries up ear thar know's tol lad!! Nar wher'es oi put me Ferrett??

Ray

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 04:44 PM »
Hi Ray ya software is on its way ... aren't you the people who have gravy with chips up there ya loon ? ;D

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 03:14 AM »
Don't forget the colonials on the site.....we curry beaver tails....but sometimes the taste is flat  ;D

CC

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 07:16 AM »
Hello Folks,

Just to clarify i set this forum up cause i was so frustrated with in2curry and i thought a forum was the way forward and i think it might just be working.
I think we have a nice little community here and we are all learning lots.

At the moment i am travelling round the world currently in Thailand, then off to OZ and NZ so not able to contribute much although i went to a Thai Cookery School yesterday for a half day lesson.  We learnt Red Chicken Curry amongst other dishes which was excellent and exactly what you would get in restaurant back in the UK.  If anyone is interested ill post it up.  Have to say if you just left out the coconut milk from the recipe it would be much more what we are used to as a UK curry dish.

Stew 8)

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 07:19 AM »
Don't forget the colonials on the site.....we curry beaver tails....but sometimes the taste is flat? ;D
CC

Ha, Ha, Ha, That's a DAM fine joke!!

Nothing nicer than a nice tasty beaver I say!!!

You know it's good to have a laugh on this site at times. It beats all the tears we shed trying to find those elusive answers, Boo Hoo!!

Let's keep it lively folks!!

Ray

P.S. Yes Darth we do smother Gravy on Chips!!!!! What a concept. We also get curry sauce at our chip shops??!! Now what's that all about. Not quite B.I.R. but tell you what it does taste great! And all of us shove Ferrets down our trousers thar know's!!

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 07:54 AM »
I think we have a nice little community here and we are all learning lots.
At the moment i am travelling round the world currently in Thailand, then off to OZ and NZ
Stew 8)
Well it's O.K. for some isn't it!!

While we are all "beavering" away (sorry. couldn't resist!!) on this site the gaffer gets to tour the world!!! Great, what injustice!!! Ah well!

Stew, I can think of nothing better than to visit the countries you are and then as a bonus get to cook such great dishes in an authentic setting..........fantastic!!

I think the answer from members to posting your Red Chicken Curry on the site would be a resounding YES PLEASE!!
It's a good thing most of us have a diverse approach and not only focus on the restaurant taste we all look for. Although this is upermost on the agenda it helps to step back a bit sometimes and take in the overall picture of what is happening around us.
And yes, we do have nice community here. Lots of input, some very relevant, some not relevant and sometimes just plain silly but the overall result is we are moving forward ( sometimes slowly ) in our quest.

If I have a comment to make to everyone it is we have lots of visitors but far less contributors. So come on folk's lets have those comments good and bad, try the recipes or make up your own. No-ones contribution on the site is of any less importance than any other and ALL comments are welcome whoever you are, wherever you are.

Remember it might be you that has the hidden secret even if you don't know it!

So, get thinking, get typing and help keep the momentum and interest going. We have a great site, let's make it an even? better one!!

Ray

©2024 Curry Recipes