Author Topic: Chicken Tikka The Real Deal  (Read 6107 times)

Offline samson

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka The Real Deal
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 05:23 PM »
Samson have you seen this post?

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5055.0

Up until i got this recipe I made Blades chicken tikka - better than the bir recipe quite a lot, but found the vinegar taste that the paste gives is not what i was looking for, so after my first attempt i changed the Tandoori paste for Tandoori powder and used 1 teaspoon garlic/ginger mix paste instead off the suggested amount. Also used lemon dressing instead of lemon juice(jiff). I've tried Dipuraja's tikka recipe but swapped the paste for powders but still found Blade's tikka better the better of the two. I showed Blades recipe to someone at a place where i eat sometime ago and was told there was to much spice in there, he told what i was doing wrong but it went in one ear and out the other and everytime i've been in there he seems to have been busy but last week i asked him to write down the ingredients.

Offline samson

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka The Real Deal
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 09:47 PM »
A bit of an update on this tikka, on Monday I made this to go with Razor's madras and knowing i was going to the place where i got the recipe from on Tuesday I tikka'd enough chicken to take some down with me to see what they thought about it and to compare my mix with there's. When i got in there they were putting there marinaded chicken tikka onto skewers ready for business so after I'd eaten i asked them to look at my chicken tikka because although I'm happy with the recipe I've been making i wanted them to give me there opinion on what I've been making. On opening the tray they all seem impressed with the look and the texture, one of the lads even dipped his finger in tasting the marinade and then gave the go ahead to the grillman put the chicken on the grill when the chicken was cooked we all agreed it was good but I'm still not quite there to be on the same level of there chicken but it was agreed that it's better than most of the place's in Rusholme curry mile so over the next few times i make this chicken i will be tweeking this to perfect the recipe. Also has anyone tried making this tikka and what do you think about the mix.

©2024 Curry Recipes