Author Topic: East TA prep station  (Read 6605 times)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: East TA prep station
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Particularly intrigued to know what is the red / orange liquid looking stuff near the top middle?

it looks very much like the chilli sauce.

i do agree in that it does not look like a BIR prep - it appears to cover more like the pizza and kebab.

the key question is their anything we can learn - for me it's interesting to see the spring onion. i feel a lot of BIR are now starting to use this in curry and maybe i need to keep in mind for Best of BIR.

there are at least 6 off pastes - only 2 off i can think of for kebab/pizza being tomato sauce for the pizza base and of course chilli sauce for the kebab (and if your minded for curry too).

as for the other 4 best guess is a CTM masala and perhaps same for korma.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 09:26 AM »
Hi Commis, yes I totally understand you now, I was being a bit thick last night I think :-\

Well, browsing their menu, it appears that they do not do pizza!  They do offer burgers and chicken nuggets, along with the good old donor kebab but no pizza.

Quite unusual, as that seems to be the current trend these day's.

Ray :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 10:29 AM »
... along with the good old donor kebab
If they offered this along with black pudding, would that make it a blood donor kebab ?!
** Phil.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 10:58 AM »
... along with the good old donor kebab
If they offered this along with black pudding, would that make it a blood donor kebab ?!
** Phil.

:-\ :-\ :-\

Offline samson

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 12:09 PM »
I don't know if this is any help but when this establishment first open as a takeaway the owner then run a takeaway only service in the Hyde area called Choices which had one menu with three different types of food to chose from, i think it was Indian(which was excellent), Chinese, Italian(pizzas). I'm just thinking it's the same owner but there taking a different approach on running there business and maybe the art work has come from the main kitchen in Hyde.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Hi Lee, you could be right there.  Check out their web page, it gives you a virtual tour of the place.

Ray :)

©2024 Curry Recipes