Author Topic: we have cracked it.  (Read 14902 times)

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
we have cracked it.
« on: November 17, 2010, 09:48 PM »
Hi all,

I have just made a curry to a BIR standard no doubt, even better.

I have been using razors base for a while now with great results and go between CA's ceylon and razors Jalfrezi depending on whether i fancy a curry with veg or not.

I have just been fitting my own kitchen and invested in a hob which included a gas wok burner at 3.5 kw.

wow.

I have just made a beef ceylon based on ca's chicken ceylon using razors base.

I must stress that i made the base to spec other than adding a knorrs chicken stock to razors base when he adds the water towards the end.

used CA's method even including my precooked beef at the beginning.( which i have a class recipe for).

conclusion.

I use a cast iron wok and at that intesity of heat was amazing. as soon as i added the base the oil rose to the top straight away so had to add more straight away. so for me it is all about heat. even mrs moony (my biggest critic) said i had finally cracked it hence the title.

seriously i am well happy ;D

thanks all

Alan ;D

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: we have cracked it.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Well done Alan : what more can one say ?!

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 10:06 PM »
seriously i am well buzzing.

basically what i am saying is that the recipes and methods on this forum by other posters are spot on.
but with the higher heat you have to do things a lot more quickly. probably like in restraunts and takeaways and it made a real significant difference.

I could seriously knock CA's dish out in 5 to ten minutes which i did tonight.

I know i am having a eureka moment right now  ;D

sad i know but i am well happy.

thanks all

Alan ;D

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:19 PM »
originally by moonster
I have just made a beef ceylon based on ca's chicken ceylon using razors base.

I must stress that i made the base to spec other than adding a knorrs chicken stock to razors base when he adds the water towards the end.

used CA's method even including my precooked beef at the beginning.( which i have a class recipe for).

Well done moonster ;D Your post backs up my last post about tailor-making recipes to suit your own tastes. Though I hope you're not following in Archimedes footsteps and tearing down the street naked :o lol

It's always good when a plan comes together ;)

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 11:26 PM »
lol domi,

you must of been watching :o

seriously though, i could not of achieved tonight ,what i did without the other posters sharing there knolwedge on this forum.

you are quite right though about adapting recipes to your own taste. personally i always make the authors curry to spec before making alterations.

high heat is the answer, trust me on this one 8)

Alan ;D

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 11:52 PM »
ha ha Domi,

have just read your post on the other thread. very interesting that we both use razors base. personally i dont feel i need to explore any other base any further as his base is excellent and  covers my needs, although i do add the knorrs chicken stock pot at the water stage.

my eureka moment came from replicating the recipes on this forum many times but the additional heat( halving the cooking time) has took the same recipes to a new dimension :P.

;D ;D ;D

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 07:53 AM »
Hi all,
I have just made a curry to a BIR standard no doubt, even better.
I have been using razors base for a while now with great results and go between CA's ceylon and razors Jalfrezi depending on whether i fancy a curry with veg or not.
Alan ;D
Alan, could you put the links in for this, or assemble it together, in a post
Sometimes there are different versions of recipes
I want to see exactly what you did

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 08:22 AM »
Hi Alan, ;D

Any chance you could post your full recipe/method? It's always good to read someone else's accounts....

I'm having my kitchen done just after Xmas and I'll be getting a range with a wok burner - can't wait! Where did you get yours from, if you don't mind me asking? I've heard very good reports from Wren kitchens and to be honest some of the larger retailers have a terrible track record if the review sites are to be believed.

Got my brother-in-law doing the fitting so that's going to save me a few grand ;D I'll let you know how I get on with the extra heat ;)

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Hi Domi,

I will attempt to get the recipe and method posted before the weekend.

Regarding your kitchen, seriously look no further than www.diy-kitchens.com

I am a time served joiner and have been a site manager for the last ten years, so you can trust my judgement on this one.

you will get everything you need from this website including all your appliances. I went with the CDA range.

they delivered everything on the day and time they said, customer service was spot on and very professional, they phone you to go through your order before taking final payment to make sure you have not missed or over ordered on something.

the quality of the units are the best i have seen in all my years in the trade i am well happy with my purchase overall. ;D

the most important bit you need to know is that they are also the cheapest, ignore all the other websites offering as high as 50%discounts, this one doesnt because it cant.

when the delivery drivers delivered the kitchen i couldnt believe the quality for what i had paid.

he said they supply to some of the top showrooms in the country and they instantly add 60% on top of what i had paid. read into that what you will!!

obviously i had already done a lot of research and cost comparisons before commiting to buy from there because it is such a huge investment.

i would highly reccomend you check it out.

hope you see what you are looking for

Alan ;D

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:18 PM by moonster »

Offline Derek Dansak

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 11:16 AM »
you are not allowed to crack it !  cr0 members would have nothing to moan and rant about for one thing !  lol   ;D   

©2024 Curry Recipes