Author Topic: British Indian Curries - Thailand  (Read 5935 times)

Offline britcurries

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
British Indian Curries - Thailand
« on: November 19, 2010, 04:31 AM »
Hi,

We are a small company based on the Island of Phuket, Thailand. We produce British Indian style dishes and sell them wholesale to bars and restaurants around the island.

Our products have recently been accepted by a national chain of supermarkets - Villa Markets.

So if your on holiday in Phuket and feel the need for a curry, see our web site for a list of restaurants, bars and hotels that sell British Indian Curries.

http://www.brit-indian-curries.com

Thanks - Great forum by the way.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: British Indian Curries - Thailand
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 05:29 AM »
Haha, You nicked my Chicken Tikka Masala Phal photo (http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4030.msg36506#msg36506) and stuck it on your website as your Chicken Phal (http://www.brit-indian-curries.com/indian_curry_product_1.html)!!!   :o

Damn!  I thought that bloody great chilli looked familiar lol  :P

You could have asked, it IS copyright you know! Shame on you, you cheeky buggers!!  ;D

Did you nick the recipes too?   ::)

Great looking curry though, I must admit!   ;)

PS:  I trust you will at least provide a link to this forum, on your website, as recompense!  :P

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 08:53 AM »
Hi

CA, I think the LEAST they could do is post a few recipes!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I think the recipies might already be posted here ;D

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:38 PM »
I think the recipies might already be posted here

;D  ;D  ;D

** Phil.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 04:40 PM »
Fame at last CA!

I know that iStockphoto will pursue Copyright theft, they went after a customer of mine who used an image and they took him to court for

Offline Gazza63

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Hi Guys, good luck to you, I've lived here in Pattaya nine years now  and missing a good BIR on a weekend I joined this forum a few years ago having started with the KD book in the UK, I know that you can produce far supperior curries to the local Indian restuarants anywhere in Thailand, it isn't hard seeing that they have never been anywhere near a UK BIR, just give a little credit if you use some of the recipes on this site, last time I brought a frozen curry in Villa Supermaket a couple of years ago it was utter garbage and made by a company here in Jomtien , Friendship still sell them but they don't sell to well,  so if you can get Villa to stock your produce in Pattaya I will give it a go and definatlly rate it on this site, I will say that I know of at least three companies that have been stocked locally and they were either overpriced and small on meat and taste, or they were full of meat and still lacking taste, one word of advice give Expats a generous discount to build up trade, don't forget we know the price per Kilo for the meat, last week in Foodland it was 72 BHT for chicken.

Offline britcurries

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 11:01 AM »
My humble apologies for nicking your picture it's my fault I did the original product list and at time didn't have a good picture of a Phal. Will add link back to this forum as soon as I can, and if your ever in Phuket dinner is on us. I have ready told our guy to get another picture, but your does look very good.

As for recipes that's why we're on this site to get some new ideas.

Offline britcurries

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 01:07 PM »
Brit Curries web guy here. (Mike)

It's my fault I was given a load of pictures by the chef and didn't bother to check where they came from. I am now in the process of checking all images and removing them if I don't know their origin.

I would just like to say this by far the best curry recipe site I've come across, I'm a bit of chef myself but as I live in the sticks I have to do a lot of substitution of ingredients, as we all do in Thailand.

I will be adding the link to your site asap.

Can I offer some suggestion to increase traffic. Why not create a published recipe RSS feed, this would allow other people to syndicate your content while still bringing them to your site.

And a Facebook Fan Page, our site it getting 40% of it's traffic from a Facebook, if you had the suggested RSS feed also the recipes could be automatically published on Facebook and on Twitter. Believe me it's a good way of getting people to your site.

Anyway if you need any help with Facebook let me know I would be happy to help.

Must go now a couple those Google ads have caught my eye.

Offline britcurries

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Okay chaps still eating humble tikka masala here, I've added a link to your site and also a Facebook like button for your site. Link below:

http://www.brit-indian-curries.com/phuket-indian-food-links.html

Tomorrow I will share your site via my Facebook profile (700 friends) and also link it from a couple of other sites and I control. I also manage some Facebook fan pages, and I will link it from them.

I hope after our poor start we can make this a fruitful relationship.

©2024 Curry Recipes