Author Topic: Dustbin cooking!  (Read 1482 times)

Offline scrufts

• Chef
    • View Profile
Dustbin cooking!
« on: October 06, 2005, 08:45 PM »
Just joined today so forgive me if i go over stuff previously mentioned!
Having recently purchased the book "the Curry secret" I decided to have a discreet nose at my local take away whilst waiting for my order. although the kitchen was not in full view I did see one of the chefs pour a bag of peeled onions into a black plastic dustbin and then mash them with an industrial size blender (more like a road drill) he was aslo using a small plastic spade to get spices from other plastic dustbins nearby. I presume that this is was the basic sauce being made on a grand scale!
Most of the cooking was done in large woks although the rice was being cooked on a hot plate/griddle. He was also making cucumber raitha by getting a "block" of frozen yoghurt out of the freezer, putting it on the griddle/hotplate and then threw a handful of cucumber bits on it and scooped the lot into a takewaway container as it melted; the whole process took less than a minute. At that point my order was bought out to me and I had to go. quite interesting viewing though and I'll have to find some excuse to linger around longer next time... ;)

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dustbin cooking!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Were these onions uncooked?
That would be different!

©2024 Curry Recipes