Author Topic: Garlic and Ginger paste.  (Read 20185 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Garlic and Ginger paste.
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Hi
Phill, if you'd like I can forward them to you. I need to get them hosted so people can access them.
Regards
Yes please : and I can offer free hosting space :)

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Hi
Thank you for that kind offer, they are catering manual parts.
Regards

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Hi
Thank you for that kind offer, they are catering manual parts.
Regards
OK, does that mean they need scanning, or are they already in machine-readable form ?  Either way, if you can let me have one, we can try it as "proof of concept".

** Phil.

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Hi
Already in PDF or JPEG. Will do so tomorrow when back in the office. Thanks again.
Regards

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2010, 08:52 PM »
hi phil there are 2 in beaver road in ashford within 50 yards of each other, the other is in the lower high street in the town centre opposite Blockbuster in between pizza hut and the KFC, and a wetherspoons opposite next door to a chinese just down the road from McD and the gorge cafe ( fry up or roasts (take your pick )and just round the corner from an eat as much as you like chinese which is 20 yards from 2 indian restaurants ( little raj and the curry leaf) and not to mention Zarin restaurant and Nasrin the tiny takeaway which is pretty good and been around for years. the 1 in the high st is bearly 75 yards from the nearest carpark, the others are easy to park outside  but probably harder to find. the train station is actually midway between the 3 about 300yds north or south of the station. the 2 in beaver road are just round the corner from tandoori nights( been in PC's curry club as there is a sticker in the window) it is  however unlicensed so you have to take you own beer/wine but it is 50yds from the best little off licence in ashford or 100yds from the locomotive pub. gary ;D

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 09:21 PM »

Many many thanks, Gary : a mine of useful information.  I shall report back once mission accomplished.

** Phil.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 04:27 PM »
hi phil there are 2 in beaver road in ashford within 50 yards of each other, the other is in the lower high street in the town centre

Right, off there tomorrow, weather and God permitting (1):  I am almost completely out of frozen paratha, on which I depend whenever I need a quick curry fix, so hope very much that at least one of the three will have some !  Now I need to carry out an inventory of my spice cupboard and see what else I need  :)

** Phil.

(1) God did not permit.  Central heating failure, water leak from gland above C/H pump, C/H RCD will no longer latch  :(  Now waiting in for C/H engineer, who (thank God) can get here today ...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:04 AM by Phil (Chaa006) »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2010, 03:05 PM »
hi phil there are 2 in beaver road in ashford within 50 yards of each other, the other is in the lower high street in the town centre
Thanks, Gary : finally made it into Ashford today (went by train : with a senior rail pass and free parking in Marden, almost certainly cheaper than driving into Ashford and then parking).  Went to all three, starting with the nearer to the station in Beaver Road, and ending up at the one in the High Street.  First and third had best stock, but second had fresh sheep's hearts and third had freshly seared "hard chicken" which I decided against trying !  Think I was overcharged for the Shana Frozen Onion Paratha in shop 1 (GBP 2-50/pack; should have been around GBP 1-65) but was charged expected price for them in shop-3.  All three are noticeably cheaper (by a factor of about 3/4) for ghee and catering size mixed pickle than the shop in Tunbridge Wells, but I think the latter's Shana paratha may well be cheaper.

A worthwhile trip, and I think my wife will enjoy shopping there as well, as they have many exotic non-Nepalese goodies.  But it's sad to see what an attractive little town Ashford must once have been, before planner's blight struck (rather like Headcorn, in fact).

** Phil.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:05 PM by Phil (Chaa006) »

©2024 Curry Recipes