Author Topic: Has the thought of Christmas goose already erased all curry creativity ?  (Read 4043 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
I find it best to cook everything else to finish either curry or stew, then add the precooked meat diced up, and heat through gently. Same when doing a dinner, just reheat the meat in the gravy.
The problem I found with that (which is basically what I used to try with Christmas leftovers) is that both the texture and the flavour seemed somehow at odds with the sauce.  It was only too clear that you were eating leftovers, whereas with this most recent lamb adventure it was quite impossible to tell when eating it that the lamb had been previously roast : it was, in fact, just like a real BIR lamb curry !

** Phil.

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
I've been back at the curry game for the past fortnight....hadn't had a home made one for a while so we're back on with Razor's base (best on the board in my opinion ;D) and our usual madras's and dopiazas and pathias...all of which have been superb! I keep meaning to make another base by a different poster but I just can't drag meself away from Razor's :o the more I use it, the more I like it and I make it ALOT!

Had chinese pork belly for tea (not dinner - we're from Yorkshire!) after a three day madras marathon.
I'm going to have another go at a chasni though later this week or this weekend. :)

BTW I love a Christmas goose....then again I'm partial to a goose any day of the week :P

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
haha laughing at your quote domi lol. very good

©2024 Curry Recipes