Author Topic: Hear Jen Sing.  (Read 10535 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Hear Jen Sing.
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 09:21 PM »
  As for coming to Kent haha you get us the gigs and we'll see what we can do :-)
I can think of at least three local venues that might be interested, Jen : two pubs and a social club.  No idea how they do bookings of artistes, though.  If you can make some suggestions as to how best to get them interested, Jen, I will see what I can do, or alternatively I can give you their contact details and leave it to you to make contact.

** Phil.

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 09:22 PM »
The Islands is a Ralph McTell song and it is about the Braer oil spill off the Shetland Isles in January 1993 .

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 09:24 PM »
havent heard them either phil

have you heard this? thought i would post as live near glen coe

The Corries - Massacre Of Glencoe

ps: if you didint know its this band the corries that wrote the scottish national anthem flower of scotland.

OMG The song that started me singing very drunk I asked the bloke singing in the pub if he knew this song and he made me sing it hahaha

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 09:26 PM »
  As for coming to Kent haha you get us the gigs and we'll see what we can do :-)
I can think of at least three local venues that might be interested, Jen : two pubs and a social club.  No idea how they do bookings of artistes, though.  If you can make some suggestions as to how best to get them interested, Jen, I will see what I can do, or alternatively I can give you their contact details and leave it to you to make contact.

** Phil.

Best thing to do is ermmmm I'm not sure lol I haven't sang proffessionally for 10 years and only started again a few months ago I just go where I am told when I am told hahaha

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 09:27 PM »
check this one out lol

The Bricklayer ~ The Corries

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 09:30 PM »
love the bricklayer have hear it by so many people and they all make it slightly different but it always makes me laugh

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 09:33 PM »

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 09:36 PM »
ahh its strange i post that then jen:)

heres another for ya. if stephen lyndsey is around he will remember this one from school in dundee, i know i do, we used to have to pick a girl to dance with in the gym hall to this. i think it was the most embarrasing moment in most lads lifes running across the hall aqsking a lassie to dance with you and she shakes her head and says no. the horror of it, and then you look around and all the lasses are now taking and you gotta dance with the teacher haha.  shudder

anyway this song is known to most scots, tell of an important moment in scots history too.

The Corries Bonnie Dundee

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 09:41 PM »
yes know that one too lol although not from being a kid but from it being one of the songs on our set list hahaha

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 09:44 PM »
after the bricklayer though i would post this song, very sad and poignant.

The pogues - The Band Played Waltzing Matilda

©2024 Curry Recipes