Author Topic: Tandoori and Tikka - Same or Different?  (Read 21508 times)

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tandoori and Tikka - Same or Different?
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 11:08 AM »
Interesting Phil.

How many tbsp is 500g curd and what is the Bassar curry masala. Is it just a brand of a curry powder?

Hi TheFasterCurryMaster

Unless the exact answer is already known, you will need to measure the weight of 1 tbsp of curd and multiply up, or perhaps measure how many tbsp of curd is equal to 100g and multiply by 5 etc to save yourself some time.

Here is some more info on the spice: http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/Al-Noor-Pakastani-Bassar-Curry-Masala.html

It would seem that it could be used / termed as a 'curry powder' yes!

CHeers

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Tandoori and Tikka - Same or Different?
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 07:05 PM »

How many tbsp is 500g curd and what is the Bassar curry masala. Is it just a brand of a curry powder?
I think that, unless you make your own youghurt, it is a lot easier to buy one 500g of yoghurt than to measure it out tablespoon by tablespoon !

Bassar Curry Masala is a very interesting spice mix, which the packet suggests is all you need to make a good authentic Pakistani curry (by way of spices, that is, of course); it is bright red, and looks like ground chillies, and these days I simply substitute it for ground chillies when preparing dishes such as KD1/PT Chicken Madras.  I would hesitate to describe it as a curry powder, because it looks and tastes so different, but it would certainly qualify as a "spice mix", IMHO.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes