Author Topic: Sag Aloo (again)  (Read 8060 times)

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Sag Aloo (again)
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Well done Luke,
It certainly looks the part,
Mick

Offline luke465

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Sag Aloo updated with new pics
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Pics below, feedback welcome also let me know what improvements I can do.  Enjoy

1. Think of a way by which other members can get to taste the dishes which you ask us to comment on. How else is it possible to give much help?

****Some one must be tired George...................I meant the look****

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Sag Aloo updated with new pics
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 09:52 PM »

Sorry, I should have said your saag aloo looks first class, which it does. If it tastes as good as it looks, you're doing all right. I haven't yet cracked that dish, compared to my favourite BIR version.

Just to be sure, which recipe did you use to produce the most recent photo you posted of saag aloo? Perhaps I'll try that one next. How did your attempt rate, in your own opinion, against what you consider a good saag aloo from a BIR?

The most recent saag aloo I tried, a few weeks ago, was from this video, although
perhaps I initially found another version because I'm sure the adverts weren't there before:

How To Make Saag Aloo

I think I was lured into giving this recipe priority because I probably hoped that the saag aloo would taste as good as the 'chef' looks. It was also said/implied as coming from a BIR in Benfleet. I followed the recipe to the letter and it turned out bland and boring.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:30 PM by George »

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 07:34 PM »
hi guys and sorry to luke and bar :P. hpil have you never had a bombay aloo that has a mushy oniony basey goo after you have emptied the potatoes from the foil container, it is actually onion/pepper/base /mix powder reduced considerably at  the end of cooking the bombay aloo oh and maybe a little of the juice from the tomato which is added as well! tastes lovely and with a hint of butter ghee and coriander leaf too ;D

regards
gary
ps the turkey came from lotland farm which is just outside biddenden village border, i think i spotted a white turkey still walking about around their field last week lol

happy new year all

Offline luke465

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 08:11 PM »

ps the turkey came from lotland farm which is just outside biddenden village border, i think i spotted a white turkey still walking about around their field last week lol

Lotland farm near Ashford Kent, think thats where ours also came from!!!!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 08:24 PM »

Clearly time to start a "Fans of Lotland Farm" website :)
** Phil.

Offline luke465

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 08:51 PM »

Clearly time to start a "Fans of Lotland Farm" website :)
** Phil.

Are you local to the farm?  Just moved to the area and wanted to now of any decent BIR to visit around the surrounding

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Are you local to the farm?  Just moved to the area and wanted to now of any decent BIR to visit around the surrounding
Not as close as Parker21, but I can recommend Gram Spice (Biddenden) and Taj of Kent (Marden); the latter is my local, but I had a very nice T/A from Gram Spice when I was returning from collecting a scanner from a chap in St Michaels.  If you'd like to meet up for a meal, I'd be happy to join you, and perhaps we can get Parker21 to join us as well.

** Phil.

Offline luke465

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Not as close as Parker21, but I can recommend Gram Spice (Biddenden) and Taj of Kent (Marden); the latter is my local, but I had a very nice T/A from Gram Spice when I was returning from collecting a scanner from a chap in St Michaels.  If you'd like to meet up for a meal, I'd be happy to join you, and perhaps we can get Parker21 to join us as well.

** Phil.

Thanks for the reply.  Will certainly check these out soon, sounds good and will have to meet for a meal some time in the future.

Offline luke465

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 06:05 PM »

Just to be sure, which recipe did you use to produce the most recent photo you posted of saag aloo? 

It was Axes recipe!!

©2024 Curry Recipes