Author Topic: Marinading leftover turkey  (Read 9924 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Marinading leftover turkey
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 01:42 PM »
I wonder why it is that left over turkey is so hard to do anything with, but as i've said, i'm not a fan and am never in a position to use leftovers of it thank god.

JO did a Turkey n Leek pie over the Christmas hols which loooked rather tasty and I know Rachael Allen has a recipe or too but here's JO's http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/turkey-recipes/turkey-and-sweet-leek-pie-1

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 02:07 PM »
JO did a Turkey n Leek pie over the Christmas hols which loooked rather tasty and I know Rachael Allen has a recipe or too
D@mn : I had a terrible disappointment.  I thought you had written "Jo did a Turkey n Leek pie over the Christmas hols which loooked rather tasty", and I therefore assumed that "Jo" was your wife and that this recipe had therefore been tried and tested in-house; then I realised that "JO" was "Jamie Oliver", at which point I lost all confidence in it.  I don't know about others, but for me, "celebrity chefs" are something of an anathema : I would give far greater credence to a recipe from someone's wife (or mother, or grandmother, ...), which I knew had been tried and tested and stood the test of time, than I would to a recipe from any celebrity chef with the possible exception of Messrs Blanc & Roux.

** Phil.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 02:47 PM »
Sorry Phil, I thought it might help you. I know what you mean about some TV chefs. I followed JO intensely over the years but found that I only enjoyed a few of his recipes.

I personally would use my own recipe: chopped onion softened, add sliced par boiled leeks, the turkey meat, (chopped smoked bacon optional), a couple of bay leaves, thyme, chicken stock, a little cream, salt n pepper, then top with puff or suet crust pastry. I Sometimes add a small glass of white wine. This is done with left over chicken and it's always gone down a treat with the wife and kids.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 02:56 PM »
Sorry Phil, I thought it might help you.
Indeed.  Please don't think me ungrateful; I only now realise that that is how it could have been interpreted.  First resolution for 2011 : think how others will read your messages before you move from "Preview" to "Post".

I personally would use my own recipe: chopped onion softened, add sliced par boiled leeks, the turkey meat, (chopped smoked bacon optional), a couple of bay leaves, thyme, chicken stock, a little cream, salt n pepper, then top with puff or suet crust pastry. I Sometimes add a small glass of white wine. This is done with left over chicken and it's always gone down a treat with the wife and kids.

That's more like it !  Many many thanks, Axe : feedback will surely follow.
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes