Author Topic: Hi from South Shields  (Read 1466 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Hi from South Shields
« on: January 05, 2011, 04:42 PM »
Hi all
Just found the forum, and spent a couple of hours going through the topics and posts, really interesting.
I was taught  to cook my first big pan of curry base by a friend (A Bengali Chef ), over 35 years ago and I was hooked....
I've been involved with countless BIRs and TAs over the years and known many Sylheti Chefs/Cooks and still do.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from South Shields
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Hi Chewy, and a very warm welcome to cr0.

I was taught  to cook my first big pan of curry base by a friend (A Bengali Chef ), over 35 years ago

Excellent, so, do you have a base recipe that you can share?

Do you know what the "secret" ingredient is? ;D

Hope you enjoy your time on cr0, and actively enter into discussion/debate on the forum. 

All the best,

Ray :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum chewytikka. My brother used to live in South Shields but he emigrated to Sunderland lol. I do believe they have some top drawer curries down your way though.

With your experience, you could well be the guy that pulls a lot of the acquired knowledge and experimentation together - no pressure lol.

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:20 PM »
hi chewy and welcome to cr0 happy new year as well! great to hear you have been making curries for so long and if you have the recipes still would love to read and try them too. as has already been said you may be able to answer a few questions and fill in any gaps as many are trying to emulate the curries of the 60/70/80's. hope you enjoy your stay mate you have made the first steps to curry madness!

regards
gary ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes